What would you do? (1 Viewer)

None

Nitro Member
I did not want to post this to the same thread that explores the Mike Ashley/Lend America allegations, but wonder what you would do if you owned or ran a large corporation and a car you sponsored was involved in alleged criminal activity? I could present a case for either side, but the question is still unanswered.

Ron Pellegrini

Mike's stats are 40 in 12000 loan applications were found to have something fraudulant in them. Applications are from the borrower, not the lender and even in today's world of information some facts are just missed. Human error?
I'm a realtor in a very small/rural market and can tell you SOME people will do anything to get a mortgage loan. They just think you'll never find out and all will go well.
Late payments,bankruptcy,divorce,seperation. They will lie/omit/forget thinking it will never be revealed. Truth is, if they just admit it they're more likely to qualify.
If those odds were the numbers where I am, I'd never hear of another bad application.
Is your question that any sponsor that has ever seen the inside of a courtroom for any product or service reason(guilty or not at this point)be allowed to sponsor a professional sports team?
Going to narrow it down pretty quick if that's in the criteria. Your reference to Lend America is the reason for this response.
Now after rexamination of your post, was the question what to do if the racecar team was doing something criminal?

Last edited:
Several months back they busted the local Hud official for showing people how to forge information to some of the local Banks for home loans...

but on your question.. in NASCAR Junior Johnson was a fellon for years and sponsors had no issues with him .. Mainly Budweiser... one of their top reps said one had nothing to do with the other.... then in the late 80's the Prez of the US pardoned him,.... and if the folk tale is true.. they later on shared a jar of what got him the fellony record.....lol

there are many more cases of this happening also in the world of motorsports...

Rick Hendrick was under house arrest for a while for bribing auto officals and regulators.... no one has left him after he was convicted...

Billy

There's a cloud, no doubt. I'd just keep on keeping on.

OR

I'd run for Congress (Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel) or join ACORN and, thus, be safe from prosecution by the Obama Justice sic Department.
But that's just me.
Cheers,
Ed

OR

I'd run for Congress (Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel) or join ACORN and, thus, be safe from prosecution by the Obama Justice sic Department.
But that's just me.
Cheers,
Ed

I would sell my team to Don Schumacher Racing :p
First we had the comedy teams of, Abbot and Costello, Burns and Allen, Martin and Lewis, Rowan and Martin,Etc. Now we have the Nitromater comedy team of Arcuri and Kennedy.
Good stuff guys!!:D

I did not want to post this to the same thread that explores the Mike Ashley/Lend America allegations, but wonder what you would do if you owned or ran a large corporation and a car you sponsored was involved in alleged criminal activity? I could present a case for either side, but the question is still unanswered.

Ron Pellegrini

something similar happened here in washington state a few years back. Znetix was the new big deal in town in sponsoring sporting events; big banners at mariners games, all sorts of deals with a number of local sports guys. One of them was a fellow top fuel harley racer who got a bunch of dough from znetix. He used it to buy his most recent nitro bike. When the att general of washington pulled the rug out from under znetix, there was a bunch of sweating going on with that particular nitro bike team. fortunately they had the good sense to make sure the ownership for the bike was with the team, not znetix, so when the government and bankrupcy court started carting off assets, the bike survived and is actually still racing...up in canada

I'm hoping that Ashley comes out simon pure.

There's a philosophy that we're motivated by two drives (although I'd add the obvious third) FEAR and GREED. Lets hope Mike's organization didn't fall to the last.

OR

But that's just me.
Cheers,
Ed

You know, that would be hilarious---were it not true.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back