Maple Grove in November?? (1 Viewer)

Sully

Nitro Member
If NHRA wants to be more like NASCAR, maybe they could reschedule Maple Grove as the last race in the schedule, in November. According to the AP newswire, that's what NASCAR is thinking of doing if they can't get the Michigan race in tomorrow or Tuesday:

"Asked what would happen if the race could not be run this week, Poston said, "Although we certainly hope to get it in, and plan to get it in this week, if we had to move it, the race would be scheduled for the weekend after Thanksgiving, making it the last race on the schedule."

He said that would also make the Michigan race the final event of the Chase and the Sept. 16 event at New Hampshire International Speedway would become the 26th and final race of the regular season, instead of the start of the Chase."

That would make Indy the last race before the countdown and give it some real meaning!!! Yeah, sounds like a plan to me!!!

(Okay, I hate rain delays, gotta do something to liven things up around here...)

If NHRA wants to be more like NASCAR, maybe they could reschedule Maple Grove as the last race in the schedule, in November. According to the AP newswire, that's what NASCAR is thinking of doing if they can't get the Michigan race in tomorrow or Tuesday:

"Asked what would happen if the race could not be run this week, Poston said, "Although we certainly hope to get it in, and plan to get it in this week, if we had to move it, the race would be scheduled for the weekend after Thanksgiving, making it the last race on the schedule."

He said that would also make the Michigan race the final event of the Chase and the Sept. 16 event at New Hampshire International Speedway would become the 26th and final race of the regular season, instead of the start of the Chase."

That would make Indy the last race before the countdown and give it some real meaning!!! Yeah, sounds like a plan to me!!!

(Okay, I hate rain delays, gotta do something to liven things up around here...)

Nice try, Larry. But I think there are two reasons NHRA wouldn't push this race into the Countdown final six and make it the final race. For one, they could always push it to next weekend. Would they want to do that, probably not. But they would prefer that than the alternative. Plus, what do they do with the first round of top fuel already completed? To they just push the results to November as u say, and make Indy the final cutoff, which would put Melanie Troxel and the others who were eliminated in the first round this morning back in? I think not.
The second reason would be that since NHRA schedules its awards banquet the day after the finals, they usually make that event as the drop-dead final race of the season. It's the reason they didn't postpone the finals a few years, deciding to seed the top 10 into the respective fields. You can't compare it to NASCAR. First NASCAR is in a painted corner with Michigan, because there are no open dates between now and beginning of the Chase. Also, NASCAR's awards show isn't until the middle of December I believe, so they have a few open weekends in November and early December before that.
Just my two cents.

Party pooper....ya gotta think way outside the box!!! A couple shots of Jagermeister will straighten your thinking out!

Party pooper....ya gotta think way outside the box!!! A couple shots of Jagermeister will straighten your thinking out!

Larry, I guess I think like a court judge. I look what they've done in the past, and if there is prescedent for them to do something, they usually toe the line.

I can't believe NASCAR is seriously thinking of trying to race in Michigan the weekend after Thanksgiving...that will turn into a "race to be named later." Even with global warming, there's good chance of snow.

Given that the weather forecasts are worse for tomorrow than they were for today, I would not be surprised to see racing at Reading go beyond Monday too.

November is a bit late but October is always nice in Berks County.

Jim

I can't believe NASCAR is seriously thinking of trying to race in Michigan the weekend after Thanksgiving...that will turn into a "race to be named later." Even with global warming, there's good chance of snow.

Who would have thought NASCAR would have moved the race at NHIS to the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago? Luckily it turned out to be a "good" day weather wise. I am still baffled however they did not run that race on Sat.

maple grove in november- cool idea! greg anderson would go 6.20s @ 218 plus! :D id like that!

I can't imagine racing here in Michigan November/December, hell I'm normally skiing around here by then.

NHRA will have to do whatever they can to get the race in before Indy otherwise they're glorious lilttle countdown scam will completely screw Brandon and Budweiser.

Just for arguement sake lets say Reading does get pushed back somewhere behind Indy. Indy now becomes the last race of the regular season. Reading would be somewhere in the chase. Normally rain delayed events just pick up where they left off so whenever Reading happened you would already have first round of tf done. Everyone would roll into Reading knowing that Brandon was out and Mike Ashley dnq and Tony fell out first round. All would only have 5 races in the chase then instead of the 6 everyone else has. They will get the race in, it looks like a rainy few days though. Also racers like Troxel who have lost and miss the cut do they get back in for Indy to make it then have the Reading loss hurt them during the chase. Or do they just call a do over and scrap the whole race and start over? Much too many headaches to back this one up, if they have to make it a footrace down the track they'll get this one in before Indy

I wonder if they will relax on the testing rule. Normally you can't test at the national event track one week prior to the event. Thats why the Indy test session was scheduled for tu/we this week. If they don't get the Reading race in until later in the week I wonder if they will allow everyone to test their this weekend still?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back