IF AJ is a free agrent??? (1 Viewer)

That's what I was wondering........Urbacher ? :confused:
Highly doubt it's anyone Down Under.

Mark.

IF there is someone outside the US with $10 mil to spend on a drag racing team, I'll bet they're coming out of Bahrain. $10 mil is chump change to an oil sheik.

What does AJ make more money doing ... tuning or manufacturing parts? Pretty much every fuel team runs AJ cylinder heads (quite a few alky/pro mod guys too). How much of a role does Shoe's team play in developing those parts? (I am asking because I don't know)

Doesn't AJ still own the molds for 'Yota FC bodies?

I personally don't believe that AJ would leave Shoe unless it was to do his own deal.

My guess is that the domestic 2 car team would be Morgan Lucas's team ... Forrest certainly has a few bucks behind him ... and Powers seems pretty set with Beard, besides Powers threatened to park Fuller without additional funding last year ... I think hiring AJ certainly qualifies as "needs additional funding".

What does AJ make more money doing ... tuning or manufacturing parts? How much of a role does Shoe's team play in developing those parts? (I am asking because I don't know)
My guess is that the domestic 2 car team would be Morgan Lucas's team ... Forrest certainly has a few bucks behind him ... and Powers seems pretty set with Beard, besides Powers threatened to park Fuller without additional funding last year ... I think hiring AJ certainly qualifies as "needs additional funding".
\\

On a per diem basis, the tuning gig is very lucrative, since AJ never goes to the team's shop. As far as AJ moving to another team, it seems that a lot of owners have a problem doing what Shoe does so well . . . giving total control to AJ. Everyone (including the driver) does exactly what AJ says.

Regarding parts development - I doubt anyone here will ever know. Everyone involved knows which side their bread is buttered on.

In my perfect world, Connie would hire AJ and let him run his own F/C operation out of their camp. The money is there and Doug could then run a world record run at the finals in Pomona to swipe the title from somebody else for and in behalf of Doug who I wanted so very much to win that year after all their consistency. He wouldn't have to fly his own jet around so much either as Doug and Connie could easily provide equivalent transportation without him spending on his own ride. Wouldn't this be a match made in heaven? It would for me.

Oh, and I only eat "range free agrent"

I dout Alan Johnson would go anywhere , I think most crew cheifs have contracts and if they are good they just renew them every so often . I was reading the Auston Coil innerview on DRO and he talks about contracts and said that they have to renew them every now and then for business and legal reasons or something . So yeah if Alan Johnsons contract is anything like Coils then he will probably just renew it

Maybe the overseas team is from Liberia. AJ got one of them emails about sending them money so they could send him lots of millions of dollars to fund his own team and eat argents that taste like chicken--lol

I agree with those of you who believe that AJ will stay put, but as has been mentioned before, money isn't everything. Let's not forget that we are dealing with 2 very accomplished and very proud individuals. As we all know, pride has been the downfall of many a man. Both Don and AJ are very good at what they do, and pride may be a factor in the negotiations if Alan feels he is not being appreciated, and/or, "the Don" feels that AJ is demanding too much. Just my .01 worth, (The other 50% I spent on fuel).

AJ has said time and again that the only unfinished business he has left to do is his own FC team. If that doesn't come to pass then he will stay right where he is... However the Kalitta team deal with his own FC team is really interesting since they already have a toyota body... Hmmmmmmm

They do have the money.... Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

Connie would hire AJ and let him run his own F/C operation out of their camp. The money is there

9 letters in that phrase attack my corneas like a shot of Justice Bros. Brake Cleaner to the eyeballs.... "LET HIM RUN" :D:D Are you talking about "The Bounty Hunter" here???

I thought this rumor only starts around December 12th every year. Hey, look on the bright side though...if AJ ever does make it over the wall ..... wherever he goes... maybe he can bring a few barrels of Nitro with him! :D

The only overseas team I can think of would be the Cowin family???

However the Kalitta team deal with his own FC team is really interesting since they already have a toyota body... Hmmmmmmm

They do have the money.... Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

I am not so sure about AJ at Kalitta's or Cowins. Both Connie and Graeme are know for their own hands on approaches, and they have both been fairly successful with that approach. Keeping in mind that anyones on track success pales in comparison to the success of Alan Johnson.

i wonder if AJ is grooming a member/s of the present army crew for
future crew chief opportunities?......or do you think AJ keeps his
tuning secrets very close to his hip?

That's a good thought.... sharing tuning knowledge...I remember hearing back in the 90's - maybe it was on Amato or Jim White's car..... the crew chief wouldn't tell the crew guys what thickness of gaskets they were using - he would hand a set to them, and only had had posession of them

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back