Supra F/C (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member

Friday evening after Q was over, I talked to Ron Capps. Told him I heard a rumor that he was going to a Supra F/C body. He laughed & said he had heard that rumor himself. He agrees that the Supra is a slick body so I think he probably will switch to the Supra. Just my guess.

The new Toyota bodies are really slick looking.
Of all the different makes, I think the Toyotas are the best looking.

It definitely is the body that currently most resembles it's production counterpart. I am curious to see some helmet cam footage from a run in one.

It definitely is the body that currently most resembles it's production counterpart. I am curious to see some helmet cam footage from a run in one.
So - The question is - Did they design the production Supra with Toyota Race teams in mind or did the F/C body just happen to be able to look like that and still be identifiable as a Toyota?

Hmmmmmm.......... I think racing had something to do with it. Toyota is into all kinds of racing world wide. The Supra body does look more like a production car than anything else out there.

strings off rear spill plates? noticed them in pomona. seen here again in phoenix.
next area of development? how vorticies are coming off spill plates?
just thinking out loud

Attachments

• Supra.jpg
    Supra.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • SpillPlates.jpg
    SpillPlates.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 111
Mopar based drivetrain with a basic door wedge body!
The money deal is all their after! Can’t fault them for that but basically the body doesn’t make a difference!

The money deal is all their after! Can’t fault them for that but basically the body doesn’t make a difference!
Based on that statement, I'm assuming you have wind tunnel data on the Supra body in comparison to the Camry body it's replacing. Post it up if you don't mind. The other advantages as pointed out by JR Todd are much improved forward visibility - nice when you're making a 330mph nighttime pass with your car full of clutch dust - and the brand identification that fans notice. Obviously it's still way different than the production body but anyone looking at it can tell what it represents.

Bob, you gotta stop with this glass-half-empty attitude. I don't believe you hate flowers, fresh air and little children but you're starting to sound like it.

Given how negative posts like this are, I feel we need to go the extra mile to give credit where credit is due. Year after year Toyota invests in the sport, and they have now delivered a body that is arguably the closest to a production vehicle in the modern era.

All I know is that Supra FC body looks great.
On Monday after the race my wife and I drove to Tucson and up Mt.Lemmon.
At the top there was a shiny red Supra. It’s the first one I’ve seen in person.
The FC body front end closely resembles the street car.
Obviously the FC body has been stretched. But they still look good.
After seeing Alexis’ and JR’s FCs I’m glad Toyota is investing in the sport.

Attachments

• 4FC73F15-0DA5-49C5-A512-53FCCAD1A577.jpeg
    4FC73F15-0DA5-49C5-A512-53FCCAD1A577.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
I like the 3.0 Supra - the one that has the BMW straight 6 w/ twin turbos. I'm glad that Toyota has invested in drag racing. They have a web site that shows all their race cars in various classes. The Rally cars are cool - small car w/ turbo 4 going 150 on a dirt road and then gettin' air time on the bumps. I think Ron Capps once said he liked Rally cars. Cory Mac would be a good Rally driver since he already does off road.

I like the 3.0 Supra - the one that has the BMW straight 6 w/ twin turbos. I'm glad that Toyota has invested in drag racing. They have a web site that shows all their race cars in various classes. The Rally cars are cool - small car w/ turbo 4 going 150 on a dirt road and then gettin' air time on the bumps. I think Ron Capps once said he liked Rally cars. Cory Mac would be a good Rally driver since he already does off road.
WRC is nuckin' futz

I don't know if you have seen the seats in those Rally cars. They are carbon fiber with two 5 gallon buckets molded into the front. Not really shure what they have to do to get the proper leg room for the pedals 😲.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back