2007 NHRA Season (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
The word on the street about the 2007 NHRA Season is that Alan Johnson will sign on with Lucas Oil and take over Morgan's Top Fuel team. If that happens, Morgan Lucas will win the Powerade championship next season. Without him, the Sarge would be an also-ran. Melanie's going to the Powers team to team with or be associated with Hot Rod Fuller, and The Snake should hire Adam Sorokin to drive the ? Funny Car, son of the late Mike Sorokin of Surfers fame in the mid-60s. The guy is great and he can drive.

Phil Burkhart is also looking for a ride, and he's an excellent driver.

This is the only statement made with a shred of truth.

The Don has already said, in no uncertain terms, Alan Johnson will be tuning the US Army dragster in '07. Mr. Knoll has already said that Melanie Troxel will be part of the Lucas-Knoll dragster effort in '07. If Melanie went to the Powers team "to be associated with Rod Fuller", where does that leave Bazemore? Are you saying Powers is going to run 3 cars in '07?!?!? PISH POSH.

Methinks the Brit doth stir the offseason pot.

When l receive a reply from my American drag racing friend who sent me this info then l'll post it on here. OK!!

Another US drag racing friend saw Alan a couple of weeks ago at the PRI show in Orlando, he indicated everything was fine in the Schumacher camp but who knows. I assume you know that Gary Densham and Greg are now a team car to Mike Ashley, Morgan and Melanie.

The word on the street about the 2007 NHRA Season is that Alan Johnson will sign on with Lucas Oil and take over Morgan's Top Fuel team. If that happens, Morgan Lucas will win the Powerade championship next season. Without him, the Sarge would be an also-ran. Melanie's going to the Powers team to team with or be associated with Hot Rod Fuller, and The Snake should hire Adam Sorokin to drive the ? Funny Car, son of the late Mike Sorokin of Surfers fame in the mid-60s. The guy is great and he can drive.

Unfortunately this is the same rumor word for word that was on here a few months ago I believe. I doubt anybody is gonna jump ship this close to the season starting, why put yourself in a hole you cant get out of. but its hard to tell with dsr, the happiness level seems to go up and down over there.

I personally would like to see Alan leave racing forever - in honor of both his brother as well as his great success with Shoemacher Racing - and pursue a career on the PBA Tour.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back