IF AJ is a free agrent??? (1 Viewer)

JL

Nitro Member
IF AJ is a free agent???

Bobby has a rumor (generally accurate) that Alan Johnson's contract is up after this year and that 2 - two car teams are going after him one being in the US and one outside... I dont think he will leave NHRA or the country to tune.

In the US, which is the two car dragster team that would be going after him? It's got to be either Lucas or Powers. I am thinking Lucas... Anyone else?

I think Don will pay him whatever it takes to keep him, but time will tell.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that A.J. could become NHRA's first Million dollar tuner if he isn't already!

Ah yes, the annual AJ is leaving thread.

I'll believe it when I see him in something other then an Army uniform. :rolleyes:

AJ is not gonna leave DSR. Why would he? Don has enough money to pay him whatever anyone else could offer,Tony is one of the best drivers under pressure. I think he is all set @ DSR.

AJ is not gonna leave DSR. Why would he? Don has enough money to pay him whatever anyone else could offer,Tony is one of the best drivers under pressure. I think he is all set @ DSR.

Unless he gets the funding to run his OWN flopper operation...

d'kid

Unless he gets the funding to run his OWN flopper operation...

I don't understand why someone like him would do that. As it is, he makes a guaranteed paycheck, probably the highest salaried one in the NHRA (apart from Compton :) ), he does what he loves to do, calls all the shots, and wins championships. Don worries about getting and pleasing the sponsors, paying the bills (fines...), logging on to the 'mater, finding and paying for the nitro, the diesel, the rigs, the parts, the hotel rooms, etc., etc., etc. Why would you want those headaches if you didn't have to have them?

I doubt very highly he will leave the Schumacher camp they are on the verge of setting records for championships with a team he thinks very highly of and the way Tony is driving it won't get any better than it is right now!
Believe it or not money isn't always the driving force for some....
The only way I see him leaving is if the right offer comes down the pike for a well funded Toyota F/C deal, team deal, that he own's.
He has said in numerous interviews that would peak his intrest and if it does happen what we are seeing in T/F will start to happen in F/C pure domination.
Hey but thats my opinion which don't mount to a hill of beans! :p

I doubt very highly he will leave the Schumacher camp they are on the verge of setting records for championships with a team he thinks very highly of and the way Tony is driving it won't get any better than it is right now!
Believe it or not money isn't always the driving force for some....
The only way I see him leaving is if the right offer comes down the pike for a well funded Toyota F/C deal, team deal, that he own's.
He has said in numerous interviews that would peak his intrest and if it does happen what we are seeing in T/F will start to happen in F/C pure domination.
Hey but thats my opinion which don't mount to a hill of beans! :p

True that Bob...

The only reason I brought it up

d'kid

When's the Army contract up? I was told that it's either at the end of this year or the end of 2009. What then?

Dave

When's the Army contract up? I was told that it's either at the end of this year or the end of 2009. What then?

Dave

Well if AJ is still there then I would suspect that they would renew or extend the contract. IF AJ isn't there it might be a bit harder for Don to get them to renew. jmo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back