How have the fans accepted Pro Stock this year? (1 Viewer)

With all the mods the PS cars have, they are just slow funny cars. There's nothing "stock" about them. Nothing but false advertising.

Please understand it's just my opinion but I have lost interest in Pro Stock.

I loved this class since the 70's and maybe it's just me getting older but for some reason I would rather watch the Sportsman Classes run instead.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

today there are many exciting go-fast doorslammer class options, nhra PS is now only one of them. IMO the money and the talent are out there, they are just not attracted to nhra PS.....PS names from the past who are still racing but not in nhra PS......rickie smith and billy glidden are two names that come to mind

I hate to say it but Discovery's Street Outlaws has brought a lot of attention to drag racing for the younger generation with the stars on the show.
When ever they show up at an event for an appearance the following that they bring seems to fill the stands.

Maybe, Just an idea.. Like Norwalk when they do the night under fire event they bring big name funny car drivers in....Pay or bring in some P/S guys in for an event grudge match. Grab some attention to the class.

I've enjoyed it. I seems as if teams how made some ground up on KB Racing. It's just not the same as it once was and that is mainly because I don't relate to the cars on the track. I'm a truck guy. I used to be a car guy. But that 's just me. I still enjoy the class though.

When NHRA mandates you have to put the model of car on the windshield so spectators know what kind of car it is, you know there is a problem. Heck Forces camp ran Ford bodies for half the season with Chevy decals and not many spectators realized it. Pro mods look more like factory bodies, at least you can identify the model.

That's why I like P/M They are easily identifiable. You can put a decal on most P/S cars even F/C and people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The only Pro Mods I like don't look like current cars....so much more exciting than P/S

14738442625_7bb10b85e7_b.jpg
Screen shot 2012-09-04 at 1.32.46 PM.png
72f608dff316cbd98e69f01e3fb64242.jpg
ccimotorsports-buick-promod.jpg
2016-05-03_16-18-47.jpg
b4b3cca5b65af7701a3f54989f4dc55d.jpg
1282448565_FredHahn1998IHRANorthernNationals.jpg
Al Billes.jpg
1951-chevy-pro-mod.jpg
untitled-1552_MFinnegan-lg.jpg

The "old" Pro Mod bodies are pretty cool and bring a lot to the show, but those new C7 bodies are dead sexy. I like Danny Rowe's blown car, but Troy Coughlin's turbo car is just clean.

IMG_0203-580x244.jpg

ac6fe3dbe4f3318909433f81b324773c.jpg

Last edited:
I was at a Marathon station the other day filling up. on top of the pump was a color promo of AJ and his Dodge.
This was the 1st. advertisement I've seen using connecting Marathon and Drag racing.

The pro mod cars have character and attitude. Most look fast sitting still with that mean, crazy, nasty, fun look.

why not have a variety? Great looking cars that have come a long way since NHRA never gave them a serious chance to succeed just because they were not V8's with carbs.

There was a funny thing floating around on Facebook the other day, something about "Stop Ball Busting". I need to find it and post it here, it was hilarious
Greg hates it as much as I do, we just has a long running joke about it :) Love that video though

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back