We're talking Pro Stock. (1 Viewer)

That was then and this is now. I feel the class should remain the same. EFI is a avenue to have traction control and that will cause a problem. Race on Sunday, sell on Monday was great when you could buy a 450 HP Big Block Chevelle or a 396 Camaro at the Chevy dealer. Now you can buy a Malibu or a SUV with 3rd row seating.

Times have changed and if racing followed suit it would more boring to watch than Pro Golf. If you want EFI in Pro Stock and want things like they were I hope everyone votes for Pro Stock cars with 6cyl engines on EFI that run in the 8's without power adders. I believe they tried this in the sport compact series and it isn't very popular because no one is going fast except the 4 RWD drive cars with turbos that show up at each event. Pro Stock was modeled off of the muscle cars of yesteryear and all the door slammer fans should be thankful that the sanction bodies didn't let the class evolve to follow what Detroit does or they would not be very fast or fun to watch.

Let the body styles change and let the racers evolve the class with quicker ET's and bigger MPH. The reason people feel Pro Stock has lost its luster is because the sanction bodies told us that is has to run Nitro to be cool or exciting. What's changed in Nitro racing? Still a 526ci Hemi with a blower and Nitro in the tank right? What has changed in stock car racing since 1980? Nothing, still 355 ci small block with a carburetor and a current body on their evolving chassis designs. So why does Pro Stock have to change? The reason NASCAR and Nitro racing are more popular is because someone promoted the crap out of it and they left Pro Stock for dead.

I love Pro Stock and will for the rest of my days. How does the saying go? You can take the boy out of the Pro Stock car but you can't Pro Stock car out of the boy.:)

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,
It's always great to have you pop in and speak up from time to time. Thanks for your input and perspective. Don't be such a stranger. Thanks for chiming in.

That was then and this is now. I feel the class should remain the same. EFI is a avenue to have traction control and that will cause a problem. Race on Sunday, sell on Monday was great when you could buy a 450 HP Big Block Chevelle or a 396 Camaro at the Chevy dealer. Now you can buy a Malibu or a SUV with 3rd row seating.

Times have changed and if racing followed suit it would more boring to watch than Pro Golf. If you want EFI in Pro Stock and want things like they were I hope everyone votes for Pro Stock cars with 6cyl engines on EFI that run in the 8's without power adders. I believe they tried this in the sport compact series and it isn't very popular because no one is going fast except the 4 RWD drive cars with turbos that show up at each event. Pro Stock was modeled off of the muscle cars of yesteryear and all the door slammer fans should be thankful that the sanction bodies didn't let the class evolve to follow what Detroit does or they would not be very fast or fun to watch.

Let the body styles change and let the racers evolve the class with quicker ET's and bigger MPH. The reason people feel Pro Stock has lost its luster is because the sanction bodies told us that is has to run Nitro to be cool or exciting. What's changed in Nitro racing? Still a 526ci Hemi with a blower and Nitro in the tank right? What has changed in stock car racing since 1980? Nothing, still 355 ci small block with a carburetor and a current body on their evolving chassis designs. So why does Pro Stock have to change? The reason NASCAR and Nitro racing are more popular is because someone promoted the crap out of it and they left Pro Stock for dead.

I love Pro Stock and will for the rest of my days. How does the saying go? You can take the boy out of the Pro Stock car but you can't Pro Stock car out of the boy.:)

Thanks,

Tony

Thank you Tony. You're spot on with this. And, if you don't mind me borrowing this with a slight modification, let me say...... You can take the girl out of Pro Stock but you can't take Pro Stock out of the girl.
Forever, a ProStockJunkie

Since when did GM Mopar Toyota or any one else start selling 6.50 gutted 200 mpg compact Breakage prone mega turbo injected cars that when you can't get 8 cars to show up and all but MAYBE 2 break and never make a REAL PASS. Tis the question ???

I am all for ANY cool fast car making a sub 6 second car. Especially a door slammer.. But I can't find a front wheel drive econo box worth it's weight in broken cv joints going fast without MEGA breakage.. If you guys ever figure out to fix this sign me up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back