Schumacher Pro Stock Car Team Changes (1 Viewer)

Terrance Smith

Nitro Member
Wow, this news was a shocker to me but when you think about things that happened it makes sense, it was just a well kept secret. Allen Johnson is really a good guy and he is playing the company man part real well. Personally there is no way I could bailout Mopar's a team after all the crap he went through early in his career. I guess the initial rumors about Shaun going to J and J were true but AJ was not having any of that with having to teach Shaun so he is mysteriousky sent to Charlotte to work R&D for Schumachers Pro Stock car teams. Well now Erica comes on board and eventually replaces Shaun. They then proceed to buy there team with assitance from Don and get Nickens as their personal engine supplier. I guess things really worked out for all involved. Richie goes to one of the quickest and fastest Pro Stock teams, Houston,Texas has a new Pro Stock team, and Schumacher is rid of this headache. I can't beleive Shoe has given up on Pro Stock, not unless this is Mopar's doing. What I would like to know is if Shaun is working in Charlotte or was a smoke screen? My guess is he was given some hush money and significant boos to his own buisness to keep quiet. That's just my guess and opinion. Can't wait to see what Shoe's explanation is about the changes in his operation were.

Info at NHRA.com

To me,Shoe's P/S deal was losing money.He had an offer,and he (as a smart businessman does) got out of a losing deal.The new "chase" format for next year wasn't going to help either.I think Mopar wants to keep Richie,he's a good driver,but the biggest deal with Shoe's P/S effort was lack of horsepower.With Roy Johnson Hp,richie will have a ride to compete with.

As far as Mopar crapping on the Johnson's..they didn't.Lou Patane did.

Uhhhhh, what is the context for this message? What triggered it? I haven't heard of any recent changes - the Carlson and Enders and Nickens thing happened long ago.

Better to see Richie going with AJ instead of SC. Enders Family buying DSR Pro Stock operation........ehhhhhhh. Would've rather seen them get a new Cobalt and get some Cagnazzi power behind it......strictly my opinion.

Better to see Richie going with AJ instead of SC. Enders Family buying DSR Pro Stock operation........ehhhhhhh. Would've rather seen them get a new Cobalt and get some Cagnazzi power behind it......strictly my opinion.

I agree, but I'm sure Nickens being in the Houston area helped decide that as well. Would like to see them be able to turn things around before the end of the year.

Richie has had an good enough car to win a race with this year, the fields are tighter than they have ever been. I don't think he's going to do any better over with Johnson racing personnally because his driving is so erractic in my opinion. If you read some of Erica's last few blogs you will see she has been looking for houses near the Nickens shop, even using his real estate guy I think. The writing was on the wall and with them being so close to each toher it was logical. I want to know why Shoe threw the towel in so easily? It looks as if he admitted defeat by selling off all parts of the PS Car operation. I think he has the money to do it right, it's just a matter of putting all the right peices together. I would like to know if Mopar is going to provide support to Enders Racing or did all the money go to AJ racing.

"The Don" said on TV, quote.."The red car will still be under my team". So there is without any doubt, a mixed mesage once again.

rambling thoughts

All we need to do is let the spin cycle stop and we will have all the answers.........well, we will know what they want us to know:rolleyes:

I thought Mr. Enders didn't have any money, at least that is what one reporter would have us believe.

On a brighter note, I have heard great things about Lupe Tortilla:D :D

when don was on tv it sounded like he now owns a.j and all his stuff and all 3 cars are now his? why the mixed messages here? or is the- i dont own him hes just under my umbrella stuff starting alreay :rolleyes:

"I thought Mr. Enders didn't have any money, at least that is what one reporter would have us believe."

LOL yeah right. I seem to remember a little snipit in ND where Erica talked about her "racing nightmare" where their toterhome hauling 8 jr. dragsters had some issues and Mr. Enders had to charter a private plane to get parts.LOL:eek:

Wasn't there when I read it, couldn't read all the grey on black stuff anyway because I was in the media center at Indy - where the DSR changes were not widely known, by the way.

Don't assume everybody has a chance to read everything and if they don't change the color scheme here pretty soon, this will join the list of places not worth the bother because it's so damned hard to read.

Just tryin to help. Forgive me for assuming you would take the time to read the link before taking the time to comment....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back