SC gone from DSR (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
This just from Comp Plus: It might be true since Don has fully supported him in the past saying he wasnt going anywhere and now we get, "No comment."

SHAUN CARLSON HISTORY FROM DSR?
(8-1-2006) - Torco's CompetitionPlus.com learned from multiple sources that Don Schumacher Racing driver Shaun Carlson's future may be in serious jeopardy and there's a likely chance he will be absent in Brainerd.

"I have no comment on the situation," team owner Don Schumacher said. "I can't say whether or not Shaun will be driving the car in Brainerd."

When asked whether or not Mopar has given its blessings to any changes, Schumacher declined comment.

An unsubstantiated rumor suggests that Carlson will end up in Allen Johnson's camp.

I wonder why it was posted in the news section and not the rumour section ?
Allen Johnson has been running pretty hot of late ....

Mark.

Not sure if or why AJ would go down that road unless it meant more $$$... I would rather see Gene end up in that camp. They are making great power. I like all Johnson's in Pro Stock, related or not...

I saw Don Schumacher in AJ's pits this weekend!:confused:

Mopar political bullcrap...

Think about it...if he does go to AJ's camp, it would be strictly because Mopar wanted him too and was paying out for it most likely...not because he's had an on fire performance record.

Not saying he can't perform, but he hasn't...

After all the stories about SC going into St. Louis, I think I'll wait until I hear it from an "Official" source. The only one who got the St. Louis story right was Judy (who does SC's PR) She didn't write anything, and in the end, nothing is exactly what happened.

I have no inside info, but I've heard this story before, and it turned out to be just a story.

Alan

I hope what ever happens to sc that it is in best interest of both parties.
I really don't want to knock sc or shoe or even mopar. Mopar and shoe have to put out a finished product for its sponsors and mopar for its fan and $ investment. Sc is part of that finished product. If he is not doing what is expected of him then shoe and his sponsors have to get someone that can do the job. I don't want to knock him but the situation needs resolved. I don't think mopar ,shoe or anybody can be blamed. Its like any other business.
Return on investment. It isn't happening. Just my opinion

im sure don will just buy allen johnsons entire operation. hell he should hes the fastes mopar out there and a great driver too. get out the checkbook don.

Being this is just rumor, & "opinion" I'll throw in my 2cts. Shawn should go back to racing FWD.. then he "might" do better, & "WILL" have more fans.. I can say for sure at Englishtown the racers with baggy pants & drive "Imports" are big SC fans...for whatever that's worth ???

Last edited:
I don't see that happening

LOL Good Call :cool:

Allen and Roy Johnson have been the red headed step child since the HEMI was reintroduced. Does everyone remember when the HEMI was having growing pains and AJ and Roy were kicking @#$ and taking names with their wedge? MOPAR put a stop to that and pressured NHRA to make the HEMI the only allowed MOPAR engine availiable. AJ and Roy perseveered however and now they have the fastest MOPAR on a consistent basis there is. V Gaines has beeen looking good of late but hasn't had the constentcy that AJ has. I really don't see them selling out to Don, that would be crazy. Maybe he was inquiring about leasing an engine from them for Shaun and Erica. Who knows but Don and AJ why he was there but think it was a buisness deal about a team sale I think is ludicrous.
As for Shaun, I feel for the guy. He has had three race cars and still can't qualify. Let me explain why I said three race cars before folks get up in arms. He started out in Jegs' old car and then they had it updated for him and he still couldn't qualify. He got a brand new and still can't qualify. I think we all know now that the car isn't the problem, EE proved that in her first race with DSR. I think right now 3 cars is little more that David and Terry can handle.
Where are all those folks who said Bob and Rusty were sabatoging Shauns car at? Probably eating crow some where, had they had and experenced driver at the start of the seaon I think Bob would still be there but thats water under the bridge now. I really can't wait to see if Shaun will be released from the team, this should be interesting.

Allen and Roy Johnson have been the red headed step child since the HEMI was reintroduced. Does everyone remember when the HEMI was having growing pains and AJ and Roy were kicking @#$ and taking names with their wedge? MOPAR put a stop to that and pressured NHRA to make the HEMI the only allowed MOPAR engine availiable. AJ and Roy perseveered however and now they have the fastest MOPAR on a consistent basis there is. V Gaines has beeen looking good of late but hasn't had the constentcy that AJ has. I really don't see them selling out to Don, that would be crazy. Maybe he was inquiring about leasing an engine from them for Shaun and Erica. Who knows but Don and AJ why he was there but think it was a buisness deal about a team sale I think is ludicrous.

Spot on. It was pretty dirty of MOPAR to take their Wedge off the accepted engines list. But, I guess when "The other Dodge" is whupping the factory boys butts, you gotta save face somehow.......

I don't think you'll ever see J&J racing sell out to DSR, nor do I think you'll see SC in a J&J car unless Mopar says it has to be that way.....

AJ is really the a# one gentleman and a true Moparman. Hats off to AJ
whether you like SC or not. Its up in the air but I bet its going to be
for real soon. Not starting any rumors but that other guy from Texas
that wants to get into PS racing might be a good guess for a addition.
Also about a month and a half ago Stanfield was rumored since Nickens was back with Shoe. So many rumors and so little time.:D :D

http://www.competitionplus.com/2006_08/news_dirt.html

aj.jpg

Well IF this is true, I wouldn't be 100% surprised. SC has had a rough time of it w/DSR - not sure how much is driver and how much is crew. I was one of the SC knockers (largely due to some posts on the old 'Mater) early in the season, but as time went on I mellowed out towards him since IMO, not qualifying has more to do with the car/crew than the driver. Perhaps it's driver/crew interaction - if he can't "speak the same language" as the crew, it'll be difficult to get a good setup.

Probably the best idea for DSR would be to NOT replace him - they should focus on getting their 2 cars running well and consistent. Not sure where he'll end up - getting dumped midseason is usually career poison.

If I recall correctly it wasn't so much Mopar as other brand racers complaining about the true origin of the motor that killed Alan's wedge. In addition NHRA wanted continuity within the corp. groups making it easier to police. Dosn't NHRA require a manufacturers part # for the block and heads in pro stock?

Great He cant drive so were gonna make AJ the babysitter cus DSR is catching too much heat. Just not fair to AJ and his operation if it happens, they are running strong and dont need the DSR soap opera runnin over into their pits.

If he just went away its not like anyone would notice. :eek:

Great He cant drive so were gonna make AJ the babysitter cus DSR is catching too much heat. Just not fair to AJ and his operation if it happens, they are running strong and dont need the DSR soap opera runnin over into their pits.

If he just went away its not like anyone would notice. :eek:

couldnt agree more. aj and his dad and team dont need to be a part of the dsr circus! i love watching the johnsons 1 car team beat up on that big money teams mopars:D ! speaking of them. i wonder how big of a pool nickens put in his back yard this time, you mopar guys that are really in the loop know what im talking about;)

Maybe SC would like to be out of the pressure cooker. Sometimes when people are out of the element they don't do as well as they did in another class. I am sure the Sport Compacts take talent to drive, but he may not feel confident in a PS car yet. Remember Arnie Karp, one of the best TAFC driver ever, was not comfortable in a FC.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back