Team Schumachers Pro Stock Team (1 Viewer)

Considering the teams trials and tribulations this season, 11th place is not that shaby. Ritchie has some major players trailing him, WJ, Krisher, Pawuk and others.
Running NHRA pro stock is about the same as being a Gladiator in ancient Rome.

Hey Alan...

I know you, Frey and Bloom have quite a database. Can you tell us when was the last or how many PS car races that David won or what race winner he supplied a PS car engine?

Bob

Bob,

David won two of them when he had the MOPAR deal, Darrell beat Jeggie in Gainesville, and Osborne beat Darrell in an all Dodge final in Seattle. I'm sorry I don't recall what year either was (My laptop has the stats and I don't have it with me). He also won ROTY with Gene Wilson who started late in the season (Atlanta if memory serves) and still finished in the top ten.

During his time with DC he started with a wedge, then had to start over when the block was outlawed. He did another wedge program, and did the development on the first generation HEMI. While all that was going on he set the record (either ET or speed) four times. I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts. How did WJ do in the year he devoted to the DRCE3? Development takes time.

You also need to understand that the engine isn't everything. Look at the Larry Morgan powered cars, sometimes Larry is the fastest, sometimes it's V. Do you realize that if you find 5hp, that your car might now want a 2.72 low gear instead of the 2.74 that you ran last week? And that if because of that you give up 6 thou in 60 feet that you are now 12th instead of 4th? Why do you think that Greg and Jason make all those runs at Moorsville?.

I'm not saying that the DSR team is in championship form right now. But, David knows how to win, and given time, he will get them there.

Alan

Alan,
second verse, same as the first.
These guys have no idea what it takes to make a pro stock team.

It is not like a fuel team where you can just buy the right parts and go qualify and win with a good crew and a great crew chief.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........Now that is funny:D :D

Bob,

David won two of them when he had the MOPAR deal, Darrell beat Jeggie in Gainesville, and Osborne beat Darrell in an all Dodge final in Seattle. I'm sorry I don't recall what year either was (My laptop has the stats and I don't have it with me). He also won ROTY with Gene Wilson who started late in the season (Atlanta if memory serves) and still finished in the top ten.

Thanks Alan I was digging through the media guide and couldnt find that info.

You also need to understand that the engine isn't everything. Look at the Larry Morgan powered cars, sometimes Larry is the fastest, sometimes it's V. Do you realize that if you find 5hp, that your car might now want a 2.72 low gear instead of the 2.74 that you ran last week? And that if because of that you give up 6 thou in 60 feet that you are now 12th instead of 4th? Why do you think that Greg and Jason make all those runs at Moorsville?.

I knew that and I knew David is a very good engine builder, I was looking for information that you provided :^)

Bob

Boy, do you have short memories.

Sonoma Ritchie qualified 5th went red round one against Edwards

Seattle Qualified 8th went to the semi's lost to Yates 78 to a 78

Denver Qualified 9th lost second round to Line

This week he broke a trans on one run, and a rear end on another. He was lucky to stay in 16th. And Greg hammered him in the first round.

So having reviewed the last four races, maybe you're right. Let's have David Nickens shot, and one of you (with your vast experience in Pro Stock) can take over.

Alan
I hear ya Alan. He He My thoughts exactly!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back