Gainesville Weather Forecast (1 Viewer)

where to start. new sponsor pep boys for special race. had today to complete this special race. 3 hrs. of tv time to accomplish. all day at track to run 7 pairs of TF. somehow managed to screw that up. psb rider screws up track on already short day. who is making decisions for what is most important?
what is wrong with a monday finish?
the afternoon show was 90 min. of interviews. the evening show, which was tape delayed, managed to show 4 TF callout runs in one hour, all the while repeating interviews and videos from afternoon show. hmmm. not 1 of 4 runs was competitive. this is supposed to be the nhra’s best. i’m done with nhra this weekend. good luck with this cluster of a race trying to be forced into two days.
good grief. how could a casual fan have possibly even been slightly entertained by the 3 hours of tv today?
For years I thought that NHRA’s tv show is too long. Unless your showing live semis and finals there is no reason for a three hour show.

First, the schedule on NHRA's website says Round 1 of nitro eliminations, 10am. It'll be 38 degrees. Obviously the 8am Sportsman stuff ain't happening. If nitro is at 11, it's still only 43 with a 10mph north wind. They ain't racing in that, either. It'll remain in the 40s until 1PM when it's predicted to be 52. With plenty of sun on the track, they can probably get the race going at that time and with 60-minute turnarounds finish up by 5 before it gets too cold again.

They should postpone this race until Monday (high 71) although I understand why that's not a simple move. I wouldn't worry about a Monday low fan count - I'd be surprised if 5000 people show up if they run it tomorrow. Nobody wants to freeze their asses off with wind chills in the 30s just to watch everybody smoke the tires.

First, the schedule on NHRA's website says Round 1 of nitro eliminations, 10am. It'll be 38 degrees. Obviously the 8am Sportsman stuff ain't happening. If nitro is at 11, it's still only 43 with a 10mph north wind. They ain't racing in that, either. It'll remain in the 40s until 1PM when it's predicted to be 52. With plenty of sun on the track, they can probably get the race going at that time and with 60-minute turnarounds finish up by 5 before it gets too cold again.

They should postpone this race until Monday (high 71) although I understand why that's not a simple move. I wouldn't worry about a Monday low fan count - I'd be surprised if 5000 people show up if they run it tomorrow. Nobody wants to freeze their asses off with wind chills in the 30s just to watch everybody smoke the tires.
Fuel cars will not run if track temp is below 70 degrees

Between the temperature and the wind, it was ridiculously cold. I finally couldn't take it any more during Pro Stock and went into the Top Eliminator tent. And by 7am tomorrow it's supposed to be 28 degrees. I thought I was in Florida but apparently American Airlines took me somewhere else...
Welcome to Florida. If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes.

I consider all of North Florida, "South Georgia". I live 275 miles south of Gainesville and there's a world of difference in the weather patterns. We don't see 30 degrees down here in So. Florida.

And just to spice it up, the ladder on Nhra shows Tatum Vs Stanfiled and Billy T. Vs Pawuk In round one. Oh and Brittany doesn’t get to race I guess. 😂
I saw that last night. Didn't comment on it as I figured it would be quickly fixed. Looks like they have fs mixed in with tf somehow.

I saw that last night. Didn't comment on it as I figured it would be quickly fixed. Looks like they have fs mixed in with tf somehow.
Also, with all the delays you would figure they would have ample time to correct the issue. Probably went to the bar instead.

I was looking at the ladder bc the the spots for the 4 winners fram yesterday were left blank since we didn’t know who called out who. So now I assume the order goes back to regular qualifying order? Like #2 vs #15?

i truly cant believe they will conclude pepboy deal at indy. unbelievable.
not watching race today. watching golf instead. pga smart enough to regroup and finish on monday.

You prefer less Drag Racing on TV?
I want to watch live racing so I subscribe to NHRA.tv. Why were the Diamond P shows so beloved in the 80’s and 90’s? They were fast paced and didn’t drag on. I do believe a casual fan would be far more likely to watch a NHRA drag race on TV if it was 90 minutes and not 3 hours, especially when it is not live.

If I ran the live show, I would have live TF semis leading off the show and ending it with the TF final. You could show all the other semis and finals live but recap the first two rounds in the downtime.

Prior to NHRA.tv, I wouldn’t wait for the NHRA show to air to know the results. I listened to the audio cast whenever possible or continually checked the results on Drag Race Central to see who won. I think any sporting event that is not shown live will get poor ratings because the results are already available to the diehard fans. I’m not going to tune into a tape delayed NFL game and watch it for three hours to get the results. I can pull out my phone and see the results in 5 seconds. If it was an epic game or race, I would then watch it.

Brittany gets to decide who to race. Low ET in the first round gets to call out their semifinal opponent.
in 5 1/2 months :D:rolleyes: they’ll have another 90 minute show for those 3 runs. watch out FC guys, your event is less important already. ……indy has way too many classes the way it is. one rain day and it’s all messed up. why not select another race to host tf shootout final? ‘added value’

line up the 4 remaining at upcoming 4 wides. brit gets to pick lane. 4 car dash for cash. would be best use of 4 lanes yet. better get clarification if run counts towards qualifying though.
could have 1 hour tv show. interview all 4 drivers again. do sum hip hop video stuff. have them trash talk sum more. you know, just like that other popular tv show. then, with 5 minutes left in show, run them. woops. its starting to rain. tune in tomorrow online to find out who won.

in 5 1/2 months :D:rolleyes: they’ll have another 90 minute show for those 3 runs. watch out FC guys, your event is less important already. ……indy has way too many classes the way it is. one rain day and it’s all messed up. why not select another race to host tf shootout final? ‘added value’

line up the 4 remaining at upcoming 4 wides. brit gets to pick lane. 4 car dash for cash. would be best use of 4 lanes yet. better get clarification if run counts towards qualifying though.
could have 1 hour tv show. interview all 4 drivers again. do sum hip hop video stuff. have them trash talk sum more. you know, just like that other popular tv show. then, with 5 minutes left in show, run them. woops. its starting to rain. tune in tomorrow online to find out who won.
Maybe it is also a Pep Boys decision, they will have all their people at Indy for the Funny Car Callout.

I noticed a couple of things I didn't particularly care for on the broadcasts:
1. I had a chance to watch the callout show twice. They wasted a whole lot of air time re-running all that BS
2. If I was Kalitta (Connie) I'd be mad they ran highlights of Ashley when it was supposed to be Langdon so Ashley got double exposure as they had showed the same segment minutes earlier
3. They surely could have shown the complete Pro Stock round instead of all the fluff

It appeared to me that the whole broadcast was focussed on an audience of one, Pep Boys. Lets hope we don't have to sit through an hour of yesterdays Callout Race highlights again today. On the good side for them it makes me want to subscribe to NHRA TV even more.
NHRA has in the past tried their best to get the eliminations done on Sunday for lots of good reasons. I don't see that changing. The ratings for a Sunday race vs a Monday are probably huge plus the on site crowd would be greatly deminished.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back