Memphis Wx (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
The weather this weekend in Memphis looks GORGEOUS.

Friday, high of 72 with a 30% chance of rain early.

Saturday, high of 67, mostly sunny. The Saturday AM session, those cards should freaking fly.

Sunday, high of 71, partly cloudy.

Is anyone else excited about this as I am. And bummed that next year, this event will be in the 105 degree and 80% humidity in mid-August. Sucks.

See you in the nitro section.

I've never been to memphis.....lookin forward to this weekend

Weather looks great. The track there is always good aslong as its not hot. They should fly this weekend.

Mike, I have been to Memphis several times and everyone I know who's ever been all leave wondering the same thing I did. Especially if you see it empty first. HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY HAVE A NATIONAL EVENT HERE?

Weather looks great. The track there is always good aslong as its not hot. They should fly this weekend.

Mike, I have been to Memphis several times and everyone I know who's ever been all leave wondering the same thing I did. Especially if you see it empty first. HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY HAVE A NATIONAL EVENT HERE?

Justin, right on. I still can't believe it. It's one of the most rickety on the circuit. I'm shocked they haven't cancelled it yet.

Next year will be so awful. I am going to have to find another event to go to, it's going to be so hot.

This year though. Ahhh yeah.

Justin, right on. I still can't believe it. It's one of the most rickety on the circuit. I'm shocked they haven't cancelled it yet.
Rickety? Please explain. I have been to Dallas, Indy, Atlanta, Gainesville, and Memphis. I don't see the track lacking in anything.

BTW, good choice on the "Nitro" seats!

Next year will be so awful. I am going to have to find another event to go to, it's going to be so hot.

This year though. Ahhh yeah.

I've been to atleast half the tracks on tour and I wouldnt actually call Memphis rickety. Its not a bad facility and the track is always pretty good aslong as the weather cooperates. Ever been to Columbus? Thats a $hit hole.

What I was referring to is the size of it. I dont think they could fit one more car/team in there. Its crazy. I've been there for the million dollar bracket race and for big money bracket races and it amazes me how they fit all those in that place much less a national event.

I'll be there Friday & Saturday. I hope your weather forecast holds up! I may have to pass on the event next year since it goes back to August.

Rickety? Please explain. I have been to Dallas, Indy, Atlanta, Gainesville, and Memphis. I don't see the track lacking in anything.

Lacking on proper drainage. I was there the Harley display was under water.
the bikes had water up to the pipes. The pit area needs attention to. I thought columbus was bad till i went to memphis.

I'll be there Friday & Saturday. I hope your weather forecast holds up! I may have to pass on the event next year since it goes back to August.

Memphis in August is going to be brutal at best. The hottest race I ever attended was Memphis when it was run in late June. All three days in triple digits. Good luck next August. They should run it at night.

Alan,

I've only had limited experience with D5 tracks, Gainesville, HPT, Bristol, and Las Vegas. Memphis just seems ... ghetto.

Just sayin'... of course, I don't get out and get to all the races like many of the regulars on here, but I can say for sure that from what I've seen, Memphis is at the bottom of the tracks that I've been at...

First time in the Nitro seats. Lookin' forward to it.

Memphis in August is going to be brutal at best. The hottest race I ever attended was Memphis when it was run in late June. All three days in triple digits. Good luck next August. They should run it at night.

And I think this may be what's contributing to my disdain of the Memphis track. I've only been when it's been 180 degrees. Not cool.

well my flight leaves at 5:00 this evening.....weather still looks good, the fuel cars should fly and hopefully we'll be one of them!

And I think this may be what's contributing to my disdain of the Memphis track. I've only been when it's been 180 degrees. Not cool.

It really sucks that it is being moved to August--the heat will be awful. Super Chevy started out in July and later moved to April. When they did that, it became one of the largest shows on the circuit. A friend of mine that used to work for Autostar told me that NHRA could never understand why Memphis was not a good spectator draw, but yet Super Chevy had one of their largest crowds at the Memphis stop.

Actually one of the most miserable races i've been to was one of the Memphis in May races. Temps were in the mid '90s and humidity was about the same. I remember parking my truck about 8 oclock Sunday morning and after 15 minutes or so my shirt was soaked in sweat. I recall it being so hot I couldn't hardly drink a beer!

This morning the wife and I pulled in from a few days in New Orleans (love that creole cooking!). I unloaded the van, washed same, cut the grass, and started boiling some peanuts (snacks for Memphis).Now I have to load everything back up for three beautiful days in Memphis. Nitro seats, boiled peanuts, and cold beer. It doesn't get no better than this guys!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back