Maple Grove Weather - Not looking good for Friday (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Overnight: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 11pm. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. :mad::mad:

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 81. West wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 87. :D:D

Imo, this race should be moved back after Indy...

I love Maple Grove, but the rain sure does suck.

We'll see if this years race turns into marathon, like last year. Funny I thought the August move was to avoid the rain, I guess if the races are in town it will rain there.

S/F
D

I bailed on making the trip today. They may (or may NOT) get one round of Pro Qualifying but, it'll take day and night to do it.:mad:

Saturday (according to hourly weather) looks decent and Sunday looks GREAT!

They should have known when they picked this weekend.

The 47th annual Philadelphia Folk Festival is also being held this weekend, not to far from Maple Grove in Schwenksville, Pa. It has rained at virtually every one of the previous 46 folk festivals. A couple of years ago, they moved the folk festival up a week to try to escape the rain. The rain moved up as well.

It always rains on Philadelphia Folk Festival weekends. It's a fact of life.

Jim

Didn't MG have all kinds of weather problems in Sept? I don't think I've heard of one year where they didn't lose at least one session.

Imo, this race should be moved back after Indy...

I love Maple Grove, but the rain sure does suck.

I agree, but I think it should be in October, on the Richmond weekend. Some of the best races were when the race was rescheduled for October (01, 03, 04 and 06). Plus it would be good to separate Englishtown and Reading, it used to be you'd have 4 months to save money between races, now you've got a little less than 2 months.

Didn't MG have all kinds of weather problems in Sept? I don't think I've heard of one year where they didn't lose at least one session.

Yeah, I went to the race for 15 years and it rained at least once during the race weekend probably 13 of the 15 years.

Yeah, I went to the race for 15 years and it rained at least once during the race weekend probably 13 of the 15 years.

As far as I know this is the rainout history since 2000

2000- Race completed on scheduled weekend
2001- Entire race rescheuduled to first weekend in Oct, due to 9/11
2002- Eliminations rained out after TF round 1, completed on Monday
2003-One pro session completed on Friday, the rest of the race rescheduled for the first weekend in Oct.
2004- The reminants of Hurricane Ivan force the entire event to be rescheduled until the second weekend in October.
2005- Race completed on scheduled weekend (if anything it was unseasonably hot this year)
2006- Drenching rain and subsequent flooding cause the entire weekend to be rescheduled until the last weekend of September.
2007- With the exception of TF round 1, the rest of eliminations rained out and rescheduled throughout the following week.

Last edited:
As far as I know this is the rainout history since 2000

2000- Race completed on scheduled weekend
2001- Entire race rescheuduled to first weekend in Oct, due to 9/11
2002- Eliminations rained out after TF round 1, completed on Monday
2003-One pro session completed on Friday, the rest of the race rescheduled for the first weekend in Oct.
2004- The reminants of Hurricane Ivan force the entire event to be rescheduled until the second weekend in October.
2005- Race completed on scheduled weekend (if anything it was unseasonably hot this year)
2006- Drenching rain and subsequent flooding cause the entire weekend to be rescheduled until the last weekend of September.
2007- With the exception of TF round 1, the rest of eliminations rained out and rescheduled throughout the following week.

Wow I knew it rained some there but I didn't realize that much. Maybe a move to October or a big jump to the spring may be needed

It looks like they will get the first round in today, but tonight might be iffy after looking at the radar and looking to the west of Reading.

Got it all in on what one may call a "chamber of commerce" type day. The few, miniscule sprinkles that did happen were just that. Hoping Saturday & Sunday are just as nice, if not better.

Got it all in on what one may call a "chamber of commerce" type day. The few, miniscule sprinkles that did happen were just that. Hoping Saturday & Sunday are just as nice, if not better.

I hope you guys can get the race in without any delays. The bar on the spectator side of the track made a lot of money off of me in recent years and I hope fans don't have to endure the delays.

Well - I'm glad you guys got two full rounds of qualifying.

I guessed wrong -

That does it! Think I'll go to Charlotte.

I was there Friday. 70% chance of rain, and there had been torrential rain in Reading, especially Thursday afternoon.

I have not seen pro nitro for a few years, so I radiated my will on the area and kept the rain away. I will not be denied, universe! About 20 minutes of almost but not quite sprinkles RIGHT BEFORE A TYPICALLY LATE PRO SESSION were added for dramatic effect. Right after pro Stock where they got to tractor around and scrape and spray and piddle around when they should be trying to beat the rain! The crew persons walk around the track ritual has expanded since my last race trip in 2005. There's now about 95 guys walking around reading the track in their own unique ways. A guy from LRS pounces a high tech pogo stick-esque device and a guy from force has a round thing that looks like an industrial version of the suction cup that holds your GPS to your windshield.

1000 foot is pretty interesting. I didn't know if the numbers coming up are good or bad.

It looks like on normal runs people were clicking it and getting chute out at about 1200 to 1300 feet. Is this a stradegy? IS there even a reason?

More on my trip coming eventually on some other place on this same internet.

-90% Jimmy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back