Indy part Deux (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
So what kind of shape will the facility be in tomorrow for qualifying?
:(

Night Sep 7
Strong Storms

60°Low

Strong Storms

Chance of Precip:
70%

Wind:
W at 13 mph

Humidity:
85%

Snowfall:
0 in

Sunset:
8:06 pm

Moonphase:
Waning Gibbous

Past 24-hr Precip:
0 in

Past 24-hr Snow:
0 in

Showers and thunderstorms - possibly severe, especially this evening. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. Low near 60F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Only a 20% chance of precipitation for Saturday, 0% for Sunday, highs in the 70's. What's wrong with that?

With Reinie's wingspan, I say we make him some bat wings out of Saran Wrap and have him hover over the area. Problem solved.

Man ... this can't get postponed again.:(

Well you've got to assume that the track is stripped clean right this moment. At 4am tomorrow the track condition will probably suck, but I bet people will have been working on it for a while by then and will have it ready on schedule. You've got to admit that the guys they are using now do an excellent job from the first run on. Bright sunshine at mid-day will probably encourage the weepers, but wind and relatively low air temps may help to mitigate them. You can race over some weepers ... but it increases the downtime between runs.

Heck I'm excited to see the races go off. I'll be in my tractor taking care of a field with the iPhone plugged into the stereo. Life will be good!

Fretting over things you can't control is indicative of a reduced ability to make a lot of important decisions ... focus like heck on what you can change and be happy about opportunity!

What's wrong with it. It said 0 chance of snow....I'm in. Just debating how early to set the alarm in the am to make the drive down. 4 and drive the speedlimit or 5 and drive my speed limit :)

Jack, just the title of this thread, if of itself, is intriguing to say the least. Indy? Part Deux???? It just doesn't seem possible, and sounds just wrong. Has this ever happened before, in the history of this historic event? This is like, the Atlanta Summer Olympics... part 2. Or, Superbowl XLV part 2.... or the Rose Bowl Part 2 :confused:

Last edited:
I think it was 2003, when it was pushed back a week

We start Sunday with the fields as they run? Losing saturday won't happen though. No worries.

We start Sunday with the fields as they run? Losing saturday won't happen though. No worries.

Track taking rubber is a concern tonight. The thought is that it could take all day tomorrow to get the track into racing condition after the heavy rains tonight. We will see tomorrow.

I guess the new concern this morning is pumping the water out of the pro stock pits. I saw the tweet from Alexis Dejoria..

A2RB6a1CEAEuzTV.jpg:large

Otherwise the rain is done and over with.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back