E-Town Weather/Performance Predictions (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I have seen comments about the E-Town weather forecast for this weekend in a couple of other threads, so I thought I would start a thread just on this. It should be fast this weekend, any predictions on ET's and Speeds?

Current Forecast:
Fri May 30
30.png

73°F

55°F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
10%
Wind:
W at 6 mph
Sat May 31
30.png

70°

50°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
NE at 11 mph
Sun Jun 1
34.png

73°

51°

Mostly Sunny

Chance of rain:
10%
Wind:
E at 7 mph

it's supposed to be REALLY CHILLY tomorrow, for Stock, Super Stock Top Dragster and Comp it should be killer out there. I believe all 6

second 32 car TD Field and a handful of guys going 7 or even 8 tenths under for Comp.

I have seen comments about the E-Town weather forecast for this weekend in a couple of other threads, so I thought I would start a thread just on this. It should be fast this weekend, any predictions on ET's and Speeds?

Current Forecast:
Fri May 30
30.png

73°F

55°F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
10%
Wind:
W at 6 mph
Sat May 31
30.png

70°

50°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
NE at 11 mph
Sun Jun 1
34.png

73°

51°

Mostly Sunny

Chance of rain:
10%
Wind:
E at 7 mph

this from Weather.com?

I'm working on the Weather.gov and Accuweather forecasts and I'll post them too.

like I said someone is going in the 6.40s in pro stock thus getting us out of Bizarro World. I would not be surprised if the pro mod record gets crushed too. if the Nitro session is legitimately at night like 8:30 ish, 3.964 may be no more. I don't know what is classified as a tail wind at RP, if that's the case the Bikes might pick up a few mphs.

i would like to find out the effective altitude predictions too if such thing exists (i mean finding out the effective altitude as the day progresses)

Looks like I need to be wearing pants when I get on the airplane tomorrow, it will be chilly when I get into Newark. I think the performance for the fuel cars will come down to the amount of cloud cover. If we get clouds like there was 2 years ago on Friday, look out. I will say a Force car goes about a 3.93 or 3.94 and TF will be pretty close to Brown's 3.70 from Maple Grove a few years ago. PS and PSB will depend on the humidity in the air, if it's dry, no reason why PS shouldn't be in the 6.40's and PSB in the high 6.70's.

i would like to find out the effective altitude predictions too if such thing exists (i mean finding out the effective altitude as the day progresses)
Here's the current air conditions if they were racing right now. :D
  • temperature = 55.0 deg f
  • relative humidity = 82 %
  • uncorrected barometer* = 29.88 Hg
  • corrected barometer* = 29.96 Hg
  • density altitude = 127.48 ft
Based on the forecast here's the air conditions for Friday mid day.
  • 05/30 11:00 AM
  • Temp 70
  • Humidity 53%
  • Barometer 29.88 Hg
  • Dew Point 52
  • Water Grains 57.9
  • Air Density 96.69 %
  • Density Altitude 1147 ft.

Here's the current air conditions if they were racing right now. :D
  • temperature = 55.0 deg f
  • relative humidity = 82 %
  • uncorrected barometer* = 29.88 Hg
  • corrected barometer* = 29.96 Hg
  • density altitude = 127.48 ft
Based on the forecast here's the air conditions for Friday mid day.
  • 05/30 11:00 AM
  • Temp 70
  • Humidity 53%
  • Barometer 29.88 Hg
  • Dew Point 52
  • Water Grains 57.9
  • Air Density 96.69 %
  • Density Altitude 1147 ft.

Well 11am would only affect Comp. I think what would matter would be what is the air conditions for Q2?

Well 11am would only affect Comp. I think what would matter would be what is the air conditions for Q2?
Here's 8pm Friday night.
  • 05/30 08:00 PM
  • Temperature 62
  • Humidity 68%
  • Barometer30.07 Hg
  • Dew Point 51
  • Water Grains 55.9
  • Air Density 98.84 %
  • Density Altitude 398 ft.

Friday evening will be your best bet, that place gets a little goofy once the sun is on it.

thats the thing. I remember the 2nd session friday i think it was either 2009 or 2011, when the sun got behind clouds, it got fast, once the sun started to peak out even though it was at an angle, the track got tricky. Some of the guys got to run while the sun was behind the clouds but by the end of the session the sun was back out so a few of the teams in the final few pairs had trouble getting down the track.

It's too bad a lot of teams are fighting clutch wear inconsistency. That might hamper some of the big time runs, but if someone nails it, look out. A 3.95-3.94 pass in FC is out there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back