For those coming to the Houston race (1 Viewer)

twok4hd

Nitro Member
Thought I would pass along a little helpful information.

If you are from out of town and plan on staying at local hotels or eating at local restaurants in the Baytown area on I-10, please read further.

This is by no means meant to sway or scare you from eating at any of the local restaurants or staying at any of the local hotels. This is merely passage of some information that has been read in Baytown police reports.

There has been some occurences of motor vehicle burglaries at restaurants and hotels around the Garth Rd and I-10 area. This has mainly occurred because people don't understand that you don't leave valuables laying in the open. For some reason people leave laptops, suitcases, wallets, purses, cell phones out where they can be seen. Time of day doesn't matter when they could/will hit

Now granted, I haven't seen any reports in the last few days, but the thieves that do this sort of thing know:
1) The races are coming to town
2) This brings a lot of people from out of town and may leave lots of valuable stuff in their vehicles
3) People from out of town don't know that this could be a target area

Again, not to scare or sway, I just wanted to raise the awareness level of all the Mater fans coming to the race. Don't become a target.

Hope you have a great stay and the weather forcast for Saturday and Sunday or mostly sunny with 10% chance of rain. Highs in the mid to upper 70's.

We've had some Robberies at Hotels as well, apparently thieves find it easy to snag valuables left in Cars parked at these places.

Thanks for the info. I think we are staying in Clearview and will not leave anything in my truck. Sometimes I have a bad habit of that. I am sure that a out of state tag will just make it more appealing. Again Thanks.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back