An idea for Indy...the Nitro Bus (1 Viewer)

JRX

Nitro Member
I have been talking with someone about the possibility of having a bus at Indy that would run a loop from the campgrounds, hotels, bars, restaurants, and area businesses from 3pm to 3am. No need to worry about parking fees, drunk driving charges, or finding a place to eat. It would be a great way to fully experience all that the area around the track has to offer . What we need now is some feedback from folks who will be attending the Big Go and might find this service useful. Any suggestions are also welcome.

So what do you think?

Several years back at the motorcycle dealer expo. held in Indy, They did the same thing your talking about. It was just great, when we checked into the hotel we parked our car and it sat there until we left to go home. They ran buses aprox. every 30 min. from downtown out to all the major hotels. It was great, you could party all you wanted in town and hop on the bus to go back to your hotel! No hassles with parking, Cops Etc.;
Great idea John!;)

Hey Big John, maybe we can ask the Top Fool Alcohol crew guys to shuttle us back and forth on their float?

I have been talking with someone about the possibility of having a bus at Indy that would run a loop from the campgrounds, hotels, bars, restaurants, and area businesses from 3pm to 3am. So what do you think?

Cool idea John! Everyone who is going needs to know there will be major traffic problems. Mapquest map from ORP website is NOT correct. US 136
(Main Street in Brownsburg) is CLOSED coming from the West.
You can take the new Ronald Reagan Parkway north to 56th turn right to County Road 1000 and then back south to US 136. You will have to make a left to get to the track - :rolleyes:
Track suggests taking I 74 to Crawfordsville Road (first right after crossing
I 465). That interchange is undergoing huge changes - traffic is a mess.
Crawfordsville going NW through Clermont is a two lane road and you will have to turn left to enter ORP. Good Luck!

Last edited:
If I wasn't already staying in the campground, I would find the service useful.

PS you better drop by again this year JRX!

If I wasn't already staying in the campground, I would find the service useful. PS you better drop by again this year JRX!

The bus will serve the campground saving you the walk...and oh ya I'll be there! Thanks!

The plan, depending on response, is to have more than one bus, and the best part is there will be NO CHARGE!

No charge? How ya hookin this up? The mater cruzin bus

Cool idea John! Everyone who is going needs to know there will be major traffic problems. Mapquest map from ORP website is NOT correct. US 136
(Main Street in Brownsburg) is CLOSED coming from the West.
You can take the new Ronald Reagan Parkway north to 56th turn right to County Road 1000 and then back south to US 136. You will have to make a left to get to the track - :rolleyes:
Track suggests taking I 74 to Crawfordsville Road (first right after crossing
I 465). That interchange is undergoing huge changes - traffic is a mess.
Crawfordsville going NW through Clermont is a two lane road and you will have to turn left to enter ORP. Good Luck!

So is the bolded part the way you suggest going? I'm going and have never been there so Im sure to get lost at some point. Our hotel is pretty far from the track I think but we'll manage. We're taking 2 days to go sightseeing around the shops and stuff (I hope we can still see some of the shops anyway)...anybody have anything else that they suggest doing or good places to eat? Like I said, never been before so have no idea what I'm getting into :)

The bus is a great idea as well!

I always trun left at the first gas station then right at the first main road and come in from the top of the track. Yeah I know that was really helpful without any road names

And no Mr Indy I do not doubt thee, just curious how. Pops and I are north side near the Pyramids

So is the bolded part the way you suggest going? ...anybody have anything else that they suggest doing or good places to eat?
Mikela - Only if you are coming from the West! From the south or east you can try 10th or 21st west to Girl's School or Country Club roads, then north to Crawfordsville and try to turn left.

You don't want to miss the Union Jack Pub at the 465 and Crawfordsville. They have Ron Burton's incredible helmet collection (and a plaque of our Indy 500 Flyer wagon - it's on the Sprint Car in the "Garage")

If you are a fan of motorsports history, make sure you visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum and take the bus tour around the Speedway! It will cost you a total of $4.00 - an amazing place.

Lots of great restaurants downtown - Weber Grill is cool and not too pricey.
If money is no object - St. Elmo's! One of the best ten steakhouses in the country. Clubbing? Six Nightclub on South Meridian - if you have to ask, you can't afford it - :eek: Have fun!

Someone told me tonight that the construction might be done in time for the race...let's hope so! I guess they shut it down the Wednesday just before the Brickyard 400...opps.

hay anyone local to Indy

I know when IHRA hits town here (Milan or Martin) they offer cheaper tickets through some sponsor for the off days. Is there anything like that for Friday Indy (or any other day for that matter)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back