An idea for Indy...the Nitro Bus (1 Viewer)

Someone told me tonight that the construction might be done in time for the race...let's hope so! I guess they shut it down the Wednesday just before the Brickyard 400...opps.

It sounds like it might be completed. From what I found, it sounded like it was a road widening/traffic light installation at the intersection of Northfield Dr/US-136. Regardless, if you're coming in from the west, you can go south on 267 past US-136 to E 400 N or E 300 N and take one of those to N 1000 E. That'll bring you in on the west side of the track.

I like the bus idea but I don't think I will be able to take advantage of it. I will be driving in Saturday morning and going directly to the track. My wife is nervous if I stay through Monday my son might not be able to get a full night sleep before he has to go to school on Tuesday, so I am driving back on Sunday night:(.

The bus will serve the campground saving you the walk...and oh ya I'll be there! Thanks!

The plan, depending on response, is to have more than one bus, and the best part is there will be NO CHARGE!

If it is free and it will save me and the old man the walk ... I'll give it a shot.

Although, I could make it from the spectator side grandstands to the camper in 10-12 minutes no problem.

Good luck hooking this up JRX ... sounds like several people are interested.

posted by Joe "Hey Big John, maybe we can ask the Top Fool Alcohol crew guys to shuttle us back and forth on their float?"
Joe how dare you call it a float IT'S A TRIBUTE !!!!

If coming North on 465 from the southside, you can take Rockport Road West to Raceway Road and that is the "Back" way, you can also take 10th as mentioned. The 136 to the track off of 465 is OK if you get there early! Otherwise, have a full tank of fuel as you will burn it off in the inch by inch movement!

AS stated, the west side of the track on 136 is a mess! I suggest you take the "bus" idea being offered if you can!

Anyway, anyone coming to the US Nationals should stop by the Don Schumacher's Wonder Wagon AA/FC pit and say HI!

Justin

Driving directions to Denver, CO
1,086 mi – about 16 hours 8 mins
Indianapolis, IN

1. Head west on E Washington St toward N New Jersey St 256 ft
2. Turn right at N New Jersey St 499 ft
3. Turn right at E Market St 0.1 mi
4. Take the ramp onto I-65 S/I-70 W 1.2 mi
5. Take exit 110B to merge onto I-70 W toward St Louis
Entering Illinois 221 mi
6. Continue on I-270 W (signs for Kansas City/I-270 W)
Entering Missouri 29.3 mi
7. Take exit 20A-B-C to merge onto I-70 W toward Kansas City 231 mi
8. Slight left at I-670 W/I-70-ALT W (signs for 13th St/Downtown/I-35 S/I-70-ALT/I-670 W/Wichita/Topeka)
Entering Kansas 3.9 mi
9. Merge onto I-70 W
Partial toll road
Entering Colorado 595 mi
10. Take exit 274 to merge onto I-25 S toward Colo Springs 4.0 mi
11. Take exit 210A for US-40/Colfax Ave/US-287 0.2 mi
12. Turn left at W Colfax Ave/I-70-BL E 1.2 mi

Denver, CO

Just to let you know how to get here to pick me up...!:cool: And I am expecting this bus to look like this...

cool-bus.jpg

Since I am directionally-challenged, I will be coming from Plainfield...which way should I go?? I have a preferred parking pass, so if anyone can direct me the right way, I would be greatly appreciative!
This is my first Indy so any suggestions on places to go, eat, shop would be great too.

I've already made plans to do the Speedway tour and would like to tour any race shops, if possible. Arriving Tuesday. :D

Since I am directionally-challenged, I will be coming from Plainfield...which way should I go?? I've already made plans to do the Speedway tour and would like to tour any race shops, if possible. Arriving Tuesday. :D

Cheryl - Racetrack from Plainfield - NE on Hwy 40 (Washington) to Raceway.
Turn left (North) to Crawfordsville. Left on Crawfordsville to ORP!

Race shops - north on 267 to Northfield in Brownsburg. Lunch at Bricker's Pub on the NE corner (a favorite of race teams)! Follow Northfield - JFR is just past 56th. Turn right at JFR - several shops down there. Or . . . continue on Northfield - DSR is on the left just before railroad tracks. Don't know if any of the shops will be open. JFR is "closed to the public" but I've always been able to get into DSR lobby - worth the trip to see their amazing display area even if you can't get into the shop! Have fun! - Jim

Info Update....

We are planning on having someone on the bus with a cell phone so you can call and get an update to the location of the bus.

It would be helpful for people to list the name of the hotel you are staying at so that we may include them in our route. Thanks!

There are many restaurants/bars in the area that we are currently contacting for inclusion in the route. Some include...

Staging lanes
Brickers Pub
Green Street Restaurant/Bar
Wings Etc
Applebee's
Boulder Creek
Cigar Bar
Brownsburg Bowling and Dog House bar
Texas Roadhouse
TGI Fridays
Staging lanes
suggestions welcome! :D

I just went past the road closure this morning and it looks like it's almost done. But thats an uneducated guess.I'll keep you guys updated....

Or you can just go the back way too.

This is so cool, John. Eliminating the hassle rocks.

Wis I could make it..I'd be utilizing your great idea.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back