TTY/TTD (Teletype for the deaf) Scams (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
Scammers Using Internet Phone Service For The Deaf - O'Reilly Digital Media Blog

I've gotten a few of these calls, usually people wanting me to ship tires or today (which is what actually prompted me to google this) wanting me to ship a transmission for a Toyota without giving me a VIN number for the vehicle.

I've always refused to go through with any of the 'sales' because of them being items that I'd have to ship out of town. In the interest of the 'customer', I tell them to use someone more local.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the newest report I got at work about fraud. It was about SMiShing... Phishing through SMS messaging. Now we have to be careful about clicking links sent to our cell phones, don't click what you don't know.

My mom used to get those texts all the time. Finally we had to ask Verizon to not allow web based texting to her phone. She's be messages she didn't understand, and I assured her, she didn't want to understand, and then we'd have to get into the conversation of how I came to understand. Follow? :p

My mom used to get those texts all the time. Finally we had to ask Verizon to not allow web based texting to her phone. She's be messages she didn't understand, and I assured her, she didn't want to understand, and then we'd have to get into the conversation of how I came to understand. Follow? :p

Uh, no... *blink* *blink* Suppose you tell me?

LMAO... as if a cowgirl, diva, hippy chic would know anything! :eek::D;)

We've had the relay calls as well a couple times over the last few years, people wanting tires shipped to South Africa one time. They wanted 20 tires at about $200 a pop for some high end Michelin for BMW or Mercedes. The last one didn't get that far, as soon as I asked the operator where the called was located, they disconnected.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back