So who's lucky enough to get ESPN2HD? (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
I've been nagging my cable provider for over 18mo to please offer this channel, only to have my many requests fall on deaf ears. Instead what have they given me in the past year? A&E HD and some stupid music channel in HD. [Dice Clay] Oh - I can't take no more! [/Dice Clay]:mad: I really don't want to switch to satellite just for the one channel, and have to have a convertor in every room. But watching SD blown up to 55" and stretched (by my choice to avoid black bars on the sides) just isn't cutting it any more. Rant off :cool: Incidentally, it's Brighthouse Networks in Tampa that is the epitome of SUCKING:mad:

Last edited:
I havent stepped up to a HDTV yet. My 65 in is working to good to spend the money at this time.

We have it but the top and bottom of screen is croped some. if you already have a plasma tv it does'nt look that much better in HD!

I had Time Warner cable at home (no HD espn2) , they jacked me around on service to my new shop,so I ordered Direct tv instead. Found out I had Espn2 HD ! Looks great on my 51" Sony. I think the sound is better,but they still sound like shit on 85%.:mad:

Wonderful Time Warner, here in Cincinnati carries ESPN HD for an additional monthly charge. They DON'T carry ESPN2 HD. I have made more than a few inquiries about getting it but Time Warner acts like I have three heads or something for making such a request. According to them, they don't carry it and have no plans to add it in the future.

Ooooh - Oooohh - Me!!!!! ESPN2HD is part of Cox HD package. I have a new 61" Samsung DLP and both the sound and picture are incredible.
Ready to rattle the windows starting saturday night - FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!!!!!

We got ESPN2HD on Cox Cable here in Las Vegas in December. I have enjoed watching college BBall, and I can't wait until Saturday to get my first taste of NHRA in HD!!! And I will get to hear Paul Page in digital surround!!

Sorry, but I have Dish and have one receiver for two TVs, including the 56 inch Samsung DLP with 7.1 sound. Sorry, but I won't trade any of that and certainly not considering I can record up to 30 hours of HD or 200 hours of regular programming. I LOVE it!:D

Just got the 42in Panasonic Plasma last week. Contacted my cable Co. and got the following response:

"Hi Jim,
As of right now there are no plans to add this channel. I will send your contact info to the Marketing department and they will contact you if this changes."

Damn!

Just like going to your first ever event; Looking forward to HD this week with da NHRA.

Steve Quien
Charlotte, NC
770-853-6604

:rolleyes:

I had it all last year on Directv.... LOVE IT!!! All sporting events, including drag racing is phenominal in 1080 widescreen HD... I have a 51" Panasonic LCD, the picture is incredible!!

It looks great on my 50" Panasonic plasma in HD. If you flip the channel back to regular ESPN the difference is like night and day.

Don't get me started!!!! The web page for TimeWarner showed ESPN2 HD when they initially started their swap with Aldelphia, but now "is not available in your area"... Blah....:mad:

Don't get me started!!!! The web page for TimeWarner showed ESPN2 HD when they initially started their swap with Aldelphia, but now "is not available in your area"... Blah....:mad:
We have the same problem here, except with ABC. Cox Cable "features" ABC-HD on their website, but it's not "available in our area". You'd figure that you'd get at least all the big 4 networks in HD. My wife is a huge "Lost" fan, but is bummed that we don't get it in HD. We also just lost two other HD channels, but our bill didn't go down - funny 'eh?

I know two people who have Adelphia, one in Mass and one in Maine. The one in Maine gets it in HD and the one in Mass does not. Strange how the same company does not offer the same line up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back