So who's lucky enough to get ESPN2HD? (1 Viewer)

Andy, how is the Vizio? My wife and I perused their website. The TVs are very inexpensive. Does the low price compromise quality? Do blacks appear black or gray? Are images sharp or fuzzy? Still trying to decide -- LCD, plasma or DLP. Frankly, I haven't been too impressed with some of the LCD TVs I've seen -- maybe due to the way retailers set them up.

Andy, how is the Vizio? My wife and I perused their website. The TVs are very inexpensive. Does the low price compromise quality? Do blacks appear black or gray? Are images sharp or fuzzy? Still trying to decide -- LCD, plasma or DLP. Frankly, I haven't been too impressed with some of the LCD TVs I've seen -- maybe due to the way retailers set them up.

I read an article that said the Vizio screens are made by the same company that makes them for the big name companies. I have a buddy that sells t.v.'s, and he has high regards for the Vizio's. Not a lot of returns, and not a lot of warranty issues.

I have a Panasonic 42" plasma and a 63" Mitsubishi HD projection screen. The quality on the plasma is much better than the Mitsubishi. Of course, the Mitsubishi is 4 or 5 years old now. I have been debating about replacing the Mitsubishi, and my buddy tells me plasma's are getting to be less of a consideration. I guess the LCD's and DLP's are taking over. Whatever I replace it with, I want it wall mountable.

I bugged Comcast forever about getting us ESPN2 in HD. They finally did it. Their excuse to me was that it was a contractual issue with ESPN. I guess ESPN charges the cable companies more for sending the channel to them in HD, than they do for the regular broadcast. I don't know.....frustrating when you can't get it, I know.

Doesn't one of the sattelite providers offer a ton of HD channels now? I keep threatening to check more into that, but never seem to make the time. Anybody else know more about the sattelite services?

I've got dishnetwork and have about 30 HD channels including the local networks. ESPN2 hd is awesome to watch the races on especially if you have a dvr and can pause, replay and use super slomo.:D

I have been debating about replacing the Mitsubishi, and my buddy tells me plasma's are getting to be less of a consideration. I guess the LCD's and DLP's are taking over. Whatever I replace it with, I want it wall mountable.

I have a DLP and they are not wall mountable. It is probably 12" - 14" deep. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back