Hope Everyone Is Doing OK With The Weather (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Am keeping track of national weather stats. My brother Mike in Portland, OR is getting his share of it. Was homebound a bit & got out yesterday to get to the store. Says slush, ice and stay off the roads. My family in College Station, Texas, is going thru 0 temps ("feels like -8") and rolling power outages. The whole state of Texas has been declared Disaster area. I'm sure a lot of other states are the same. Have been noticing not many posts, so am hoping all the Maters are doing OK. Here in Phoenix, just kinda weird weather, has been as low as 30 & this morning 50, cloudy, high humidity, no rain, snow in the high country. Well, hope everyone is OK. :)

Hate to rub it in but here in So. Florida it's 81 degrees right now...

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
I'm about 70 miles north of Little Rock. It was -1*F here this morning. That is after 8 inches of snow yesterday. Another 4 to 8 inches are predicted for tomorrow.
My daughter lives in northwest Arkansas. She saw -17* this morning.

Here in S/E Pennsylvania, The sun finally came out. 1st storm 18' snow, 2nd storm 6" after that some nice sleet. This is the longest that we had snow remain on the ground in years.

It's a balmy 27 here near San Antonio. Got down to 9 or 10 for a while but we put another log on the fire. Rolling blackouts have become part of life.

Upper 60's here in So. Cal., so we're coping as best we can.

Back when I was a 22 year-old free spirited lad, I decided to go live and work at a ski resort in the Sierra Mountains called Mammoth Mountain. I was a lift operator and having the time of my life. That is until a blinding snow storm came through and me a few ski patrollers got stuck at the top of a lift without a heater. The thermometer said -18 degrees, but control said, with wind chill it was -45. Well, I was the only one without skis and would have to ride down the chair to the lodge.

Why they couldn't send a Cat for me I don't know, but it was the worst thing I ever experienced even today. And that's why I will always want to live in warm climate.

It's been in the negative teens going into work the last couple days. When I left today, it was 3 degrees and sunny. Practically felt like summer.

'climate change'......that's what they call it when there are really cold temps, usually in winter months. media is blowing dust of 'global warming', it will be pressed into
service in a few months.
seriously, i feel so bad for those of you in the south experiencing this bitter cold. not only are you folks not geared for it, your infrastructure isn't either. very sad to see
all the devastation across the south.
here in MN we recently came out of a 13 day stretch below zero every day and night.......makes for thick ice on lakes though. good ice fishing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back