Virginia Nationals at VMP-June 21-23 (1 Viewer)

This may be too soon, but when's the last time we saw a FC banger like that, disregarding the aftermath? Seems like 5 plus years ago we saw it every weekend, then not much if at all.

By the time it got too the system that actually works the safety equipment every thing was most likely was blown apart. the car came apart at the finish line. the system that works everything is past the finish line.
Larry Sutton---🤠
🙏 for John
Sorry Larry, but the system that works everything is on the car, if the blower bangs it should actuate system and hit the chutes and fuel/ign no matter where the car is on the track. The track reciever is a secondary trigger if the car goes past it without the driver hitting chutes ect.

Sorry Larry, but the system that works everything is on the car, if the blower bangs it should actuate system and hit the chutes and fuel/ign no matter where the car is on the track. The track reciever is a secondary trigger if the car goes past it without the driver hitting chutes ect.

An explosion like that very well could have disabled the mechanism that activates safety systems, nothing is full proof when something like that happens
Agree 100%. It's just a simple 2 wire plug over the burst panels, half the time they come unplugged inadvertently. I was just trying to keep the facts straight.

Bottom line is, it looks like the GOAT drag racer will live to fight again, not sure how long but he WILL return. No one in drag racing has gone through more hell than John. Come back soon SUPERMAN. Your Friend is here pulling for you!!!!!!
Larry Sutton---🤠

Last edited:
Bottom line is, it looks like the GOAT drag racer will live to fight again, not sure how long but he WILL return. No one in drag racing has gone through more hell than John. Come back soon SUPERMAN. Your Friend is here pulling for you!!!!!!
Larry Sutton---🤠
I’m sure that there’s a lot of us pulling for John to come back soon, count me in too👍🙏

Anyone who's ever been involved in a serious auto accident will tell you it takes 24 hrs for your body to process the damage its sustained and really tell you how much it hurts. That first impact was massive and the second one was very hard too. Get well soon GOAT.

I just hope John can stop driving on his terms. So he can enjoy the kids and grandkids in the sport. He'll never leave racing he's in too deep not to be around it.
I'm sure he never intends to leave racing, the big question is when does he step out of the seat to focus on being a team owner. I really hope it's on his terms.

Lex Joon's crew guy losing his shoes in Q1 was comical.

crew_shoes.jpg

Lex Joon's crew guy losing his shoes in Q1 was comical.

View attachment 14636
Been there done that,LOL. But the Funniest was the late Bob Brooks (Brooks rods) was backing up up Dennis Taylor at Bakersfield. He first lost one shoe, picked it up then lost the other shoe, then lost BOTH socks. You had too been there I was.😂
Larry Sutton---🤠

@Alan Reinhart
It was nice to meet you this past Friday as you were walking into Clay's pits.

I apologize if I startled you when you walked by and called your name as you passed by. It looked like you gave the look of "who the hell is this and how do you know me" LOL.

Just being a fan and hearing you on NHRA.tv, Fox broadcasts, and here on the 'Mater. It was just nice to finally meet you in person.

Keep up the good work.

Martijn Joon I see you are watching, no BIG deal. Keep doing what you are doing. And good luck to all of your team.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Haha, unfortunately I’m not in the US but living in the Netherlands. The message gave me a good chuckle though 😂

Martijn

Haha, unfortunately I’m not in the US but living in the Netherlands. The message gave me a good chuckle though 😂

Martijn
O well, Martijn my error. come to the US an the Joon family may put you to work. LOL good to see racers for the Netherlands also enjoy Nitromater.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back