Gainesville Weather Forecast (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Hate to say this but it looks like it's not going to be a nice weekend in Gainesville. 80% chance of rain on Thursday, 100% on Friday, 90% on Saturday and Sunny on Sunday. I'm probably not going on Friday as originally planned as the weather, the price of gas and a 7 hour round trip will keep me away. Go JR!

Weather.com says Saturday morning rain. High on Saturday of 68. Sunny on Sunday with a high of 59. Can you say "Fast"?

We went in 2015 (an expensive trip from western Canada). It showed warm but rain all weekend. We were very lucky as not one drop of rain fell the entire event. So you never know !

When my wife and I went to the 2019 Gators, I remember one day (either Friday or Sunday) being damp and cold. But the Safety Safari did a great job keeping the track in good shape.

I just saw the weather map on TV and it looks like a massive storm is coming in from the west that's going to cross right over north Florida. In my opinion they aren't going to get much racing in this weekend. Maybe a Sunday-Monday race or next weekend?

pga players championship about 60 miles NE to coast in ponte vedra is set for same results. sat. nite overnites in low 30's.
what a shame this system is moving through. 2 years ago the weather was beautiful in FL, then covid started.

When my wife and I went to the 2019 Gators, I remember one day (either Friday or Sunday) being damp and cold. But the Safety Safari did a great job keeping the track in good shape.
Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks Tony. We didn’t go on Saturday. I had to take my wife to a knitting store that day. Whenever we go to a national event I take her to a knitting store. It’s a small concession to keeping her happy.

Looks like the rain is there for a while......As of 10:50 am
1646927376385.png

Yeah I just went on nhra.tv and it's still a rain delay.
I have seen some pics on social media. It looks real bad today. Hopefully it can clear up and they can get it in this weekend but it doesn’t look good right now. A/fuel racer Mick Steele packed up and headed home believing that they will not get the race off this weekend.

Last edited:
I have seen some pics on social media. It looks real bad today. Hopefully it can clear up and they can get it in this weekend but it doesn’t look good right now. A/fuel racer Mick Steele packed up and headed home believing that they will not get the race off this weekend.
Trying to remember the year that there were heavy rains on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Race weekend weather was actually very nice but the parking areas were impassable and the race was postponed until the following weekend. Late 90's early 2000's? Spent five days doing the touristy thing. Very disappointing!

i don't see how this event can be held today thru sunday. i think nhra could come out of this looking good to make hard decision to reschedule. weather pattern totally sucks.
would have to imagine there are quite a few trailers leaving today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back