Gainesville Weather Forecast (1 Viewer)

In the 1/4 mile era, Joliet Fall Race in 2005 comes to mind--perhaps not quite as good. It was unbelievable. Remember Schumacher running 4.43 and a few others dipping into the upper .46-48s. FC--Cruz and I believe Tony put up 4.68s. A lot of 330MPH runs that weekend.....miss that fall race.

I don't look for the nitro cars to be any quicker - faster, maybe - but any of the NA stuff is gonna feel like it suddenly found a supercharger - which actually, it did. And what the hell happened to the NHRA results page? Did the Russians hack it? :oops:

Erica Enders just reset the pro stock national record with a 6.450, and she lost.

Maybe it is also a Pep Boys decision, they will have all their people at Indy for the Funny Car Callout.
i'm being facetious. indy is the best option for the reason you stated.
at least covid isn't involved ......wait, new varriant deltacron will screw up indy ;)

I want to watch live racing so I subscribe to NHRA.tv. Why were the Diamond P shows so beloved in the 80’s and 90’s? They were fast paced and didn’t drag on. I do believe a casual fan would be far more likely to watch a NHRA drag race on TV if it was 90 minutes and not 3 hours, especially when it is not live.

If I ran the live show, I would have live TF semis leading off the show and ending it with the TF final. You could show all the other semis and finals live but recap the first two rounds in the downtime.

Prior to NHRA.tv, I wouldn’t wait for the NHRA show to air to know the results. I listened to the audio cast whenever possible or continually checked the results on Drag Race Central to see who won. I think any sporting event that is not shown live will get poor ratings because the results are already available to the diehard fans. I’m not going to tune into a tape delayed NFL game and watch it for three hours to get the results. I can pull out my phone and see the results in 5 seconds. If it was an epic game or race, I would then watch it.

What would be wrong with a 3 hr (or longer) live show that instead of endless recaps and blabber also showcased Pro Mod and Factory Stock?
NHRA.TV sadly is not a viable option as car audio is even worse than Fox (@ least Fox "tries")

What would be wrong with a 3 hr (or longer) live show that instead of endless recaps and blabber also showcased Pro Mod and Factory Stock?
NHRA.TV sadly is not a viable option as car audio is even worse than Fox (@ least Fox "tries")
Nothing would be wrong with that. Oh wait they have it with NHRA.tv. Yes the sound of the cars could be louder but I do know what the cars sound like. I try to go to as many national events that I can so I can feel the cars, hear the cars and smell the Nitro. TV will never do drag racing justice. Drag Racing is the only sporting event I attend in person. TV is better than being there in person at almost all of the other sports.

How about a few of the so-called Independent fuel teams kicking some ass today? Tripp Tatum and Doug Foley in T/F, as well as Blake Alexander driving for (I assume) Jim Head, and Chad Green (who is tuning his car?) in F/C. Good to see some of the not-so-usual suspects doing real well once in a while.

Last edited:
How about a few of the so-called Independent fuel teams kicking some ass today? Tripp Tatum and Doug Foley in T/F, as well as Blake Alexander driving for (I assume) Jim Head, and Chad Green (who is tuning his car?) in F/C. Good to see some of the not-so-usual suspects doing real well once in a while.

Blake is indeed driving for Jim Head. They're doing a great job. And Daniel Wilkerson is putting the tunes to Chad Green and I'm pretty sure Tim is involved.

Erica Enders just reset the pro stock national record with a 6.450, and she lost.
On a .077 light to Butner's .002. That's 3 races in a row her RT's have been consistently way off her norm. Something going in that camp for sure....her, the car or both.

Guess I'll just have to watch the race tonight to have any idea of who's doing what. NHRA's results board is showing some minor inconsistencies...A Factory Super Stock car laid down a 3.730, someone's ProMod ran 244mph to the 660 and Dan Dietrich set a new record in TAD - 4.476. Must be some really good air down there in Florida. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
10pm cst. 3x now tv play of pep boys fiasco. actual race not on now till 11:30cst
didnt watch race earlier by design.
earlier posts seem to suggest confusion on tf final. wtf is going on!? the 8 shootout drivers acted up a storm for you nhra, then failed to give much of a show in 1st 4 rnds of shootout. now you supposedly completed actual gators race? yet ur fs2 slot is now replaying 90 min. of shootout fluff? when race is done? and could be aired now at 10pm cst? and put 3x shootout fluff at 11:30cst? oh man, can u say mud on face.
what a joke.

10pm cst. 3x now tv play of pep boys fiasco. actual race not on now till 11:30cst
didnt watch race earlier by design.
earlier posts seem to suggest confusion on tf final. wtf is going on!? the 8 shootout drivers acted up a storm for you nhra, then failed to give much of a show in 1st 4 rnds of shootout. now you supposedly completed actual gators race? yet ur fs2 slot is now replaying 90 min. of shootout fluff? when race is done? and could be aired now at 10pm cst? and put 3x shootout fluff at 11:30cst? oh man, can u say mud on face.
what a joke.
What wasn't a joke was today's race, a feel-good event all around that produced lots of excitement, upsets and 4 deserving, gracious winners. I was rooting for Alexander but Hagen was as excited as a little kid with his first Gator win and Tony Stewart's first NHRA win and I was glad for him. Still shaking my head at Stouffer's 6.66 PSM pass and the great final with Angie Smith.

What wasn't a joke was today's race, a feel-good event all around that produced lots of excitement, upsets and 4 deserving, gracious winners. I was rooting for Alexander but Hagen was as excited as a little kid with his first Gator win and Tony Stewart's first NHRA win and I was glad for him. Still shaking my head at Stouffer's 6.66 PSM pass and the great final with Angie Smith.
agree with everything you said. my earlier comments were not about pro classes on sunday. i hope pep boys are satisfied with 4.5 hrs. of contrived exposure and very little on track action. wish i would have watched race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back