Favorite movie quotes (1 Viewer)

Another classic!! "So you'd better ask yourself. Do I feel lucky?" or something like that. Those and Chris' posted quote from Cool Hand Luke would definitely be included on my list of favorites.

"I know what you're thinkin', Punk....Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, in all this excitement, I've lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself one question...Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, Punk?"

That is classic, Mark!

Late...................Mitch

#7 is "O Brother, Where Art Thou". Another of my favorites from that movie is: "This place is just a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

#8 is "Fargo", which was a pretty good movie with lots of REALLY DARK humor.

"Those aren't pillows!!!!!!!!!"

Just a few that I like

"You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater."

"You talking to me?"

of course any good Italian needs to have " I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse."

" One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know."

"This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-s*&^-o-meter."

" I am serious … and don’t call me Shirley"

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."

David, isn't the insanity line from Arsenic and Old Lace? I may be showing my age here, cause the line was in that movie (or something close to it), but it may have showed up in a much more current movie that I missed...

David, isn't the insanity line from Arsenic and Old Lace? I may be showing my age here, cause the line was in that movie (or something close to it), but it may have showed up in a much more current movie that I missed...

You are correct. THat is whats its from. I went to a local community theater and saw that play a year ago, thought it was hilarious. Then somone there said it was based off an old movie. Tried watching the movie and couldn't stand it but I do like that line

#7 is "O Brother, Where Art Thou". Another of my favorites from that movie is: "This place is just a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

#8 is "Fargo", which was a pretty good movie with lots of REALLY DARK humor.

"Oh Brother Where Art Thou" is my favorite movie of all. A couple years ago, 8 of us drove to Bristol from MSP to attend the August NASCAR race. We drove in two Suburbans, both of which were equipped with DVD players. The guy whose Suburban I rode in had "Oh Brother" and my buddy that I rode in the back seat with pulls it out and says "I love this movie" which of course I did too but didn't know he did. We watched it a few times on the way down and back during 36 hours of driving. When we were at the track for the race, packed in like sardines, he looks at me and says "Damn, we're in a tight spot". I nearly wet myself laughing.

I know a lot of people hate "Fargo" but I thought it was hilarious. Dark humor was quite pervasive in that movie, a recurring theme in many Coen brothers movies. BTW, a very good friend of mine's brother carved the large Paul Bunyan statue for that movie.

Oh, PJ, I couldn't remember what movie the line about being a cunning linguist was from. I cheated and googled it and see now it was from Austin Powers. How embarrassing! I should have known that!:eek:

You are correct. THat is whats its from. I went to a local community theater and saw that play a year ago, thought it was hilarious. Then somone there said it was based off an old movie. Tried watching the movie and couldn't stand it but I do like that line
PJ, did you see the old old version of the movie with Cary Grant, or did you see one of the more recent recantations of it?

For those of us old enough to remember, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid had SO many memorable lines. Just a few (for those of us that are big fans of the movie) and I'll shut up:
Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?

You just keep thinkin' there Butch, that's what you're good at!

Butch: All of Bolivia can't be like THIS.
Sundance: How do you know? This may be the garden spot of Bolivia! People may travel from miles around to get to where we are standing now!

And as seen on the rear wing of Rance McDaniels Top Fueler, "Who are those guys?"

Ok, sorry for the trip down memory lane--I'm done now

Oh, PJ, I couldn't remember what movie the line about being a cunning linguist was from. I cheated and googled it and see now it was from Austin Powers. How embarrassing! I should have known that!:eek:

You may need to have your man card suspended for not knowing that one:p

PJ, did you see the old old version of the movie with Cary Grant, or did you see one of the more recent recantations of it?

Yeah it was the old one with Grant. The play was was so well done I think that was part of what made the movie look bad. If I had seen the movie first my wife couldn't have talked me into seeing the play

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."

"He was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time, the players couldn't get a drink at the tables."

"I like to drink wine more than I used to ... anyway I'm drinking more."

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."

" What's the matter with you. Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Decide you must, how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered."

"Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses."

"You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart."

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

"They can't have disappeared. No ship that small has a cloaking device."

"Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum."

My 2 all time favorite movies .....

"Oh Brother Where Art Thou" is my favorite movie of all.

I know a lot of people hate "Fargo" but I thought it was hilarious. Dark humor was quite pervasive in that movie, a recurring theme in many Coen brothers movies.

ALL Coen Brothers movies are great. The Big Lebowski is still my fave, followed closely by Raising Arizona. O Brother is spectacular as is Fargo and No Country for Old Men, but the Big Lebowski just makes me giggle with glee everytime I watch it.

"That rug really tied the room together."

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage involved here!"

"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."

Empire Strikes Back would have to be your 2nd movie, Chris. Not sure about the first one....

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."

"He was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time, the players couldn't get a drink at the tables."

"I like to drink wine more than I used to ... anyway I'm drinking more."

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."

" What's the matter with you. Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Decide you must, how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered."

"Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses."

"You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart."

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

"They can't have disappeared. No ship that small has a cloaking device."

"Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum."

My 2 all time favorite movies .....

chris, you're right, dialogue in the star wars flicks is outstanding.

"i spent my whole life trying not to be careless. women and children
can be careless, but not men"
i think my favorite line from all 3.

ALL Coen Brothers movies are great. The Big Lebowski is still my fave, followed closely by Raising Arizona. O Brother is spectacular as is Fargo and No Country for Old Men, but the Big Lebowski just makes me giggle with glee everytime I watch it.

"That rug really tied the room together."

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage involved here!"

"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."
Hey, Chris! Another Lebowski fan here!!! Speaking of Lebowski lines, how bout, "Hey, where are you going?" "To the ATM" after the OTHER Lebowski's wife's offer to the Dude....

Oh Brother Where art thou is an AWESOME movie.

Gene Hackman in Unforgiven

Ron ( the kind of luck I've depended on all my life! :D ) in Bristol

I don't deserve this ... to die like this ... I was building a house.
Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it.
See you in hell William Munny.
Yeah.

Best exchange of that movie by far!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back