What's your favorite Drag Racing "Slang" term? (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Doing some research for a column guys and I'm wondering what your favorite Drag Racing 'slang' term or Phrase is?

I'm kinda fond of the term 'sashay' in describing a funny car run.... Well done Mike Dunn...!;)

This from a former T/F & F/C owner who is no longer with us.
Was at Tri-City in Saginaw, MI. when It was said.

( Drivers are like Spark plugs You burn one out, you unscrew him and screw a new one in )

This from a former T/F & F/C owner who is no longer with us.
Was at Tri-City in Saginaw, MI. when It was said.

( Drivers are like Spark plugs You burn one out, you unscrew him and screw a new one in )

Unfortunate drivers that drove for that disrespectful jerk.

REX

Gotta love 'Pedal Fest.'

Phrase has been pretty standard for a while but I still like hearing it. And seeing it :D

How about, light the candles, nosed over, got a hole out, shooting duck's, dead player, striking the tires, chopping the tree down

I was working with Rachard Hogan on a fuel funny car. I was asking him about lightening up some parts. He said there is a saying regarding fuel engine parts, 'mass will save your ass.'
Toby
DragTraction.Com

Probably my favorite phrase has to be "Drivers are the team memebers with the biggest balls or the least amounts of brains"

My favorite "slang" term is probably "launch"

another favorite of mine is a term coined by Don Prudhomme "rip their throats out'' meaning not only to win the race, but to absolutely crush the competition in the process, similar to what he did in the mid seventies !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back