Your Drag Racing year in a Pic??? (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
So, as the year comes to a close, I was wondering if there was (1) picture of either you, or a friend, your favorite racer, or something you took, something you saw, that is your best memory of 2007's Drag Racing year?? Is there a story behind the picture and why was it your best memory.

Just something to talk about before the SILLY SEASON really gets going next month!:D

I know you said one picture but I can't make up my mind; I like the first one because there's something about your kid sitting in the cockpit of a Nostalgia nitro funny car that is just plain cool; the second picture is self explanatory.

Photo00126.jpg

csk022507126.jpg

Great idea Tim!

My pic is from Mike Ashley's pits, Saturday night of the US Nationals. It was the first drag race I went to with my Dad since he moved back to Kentucky in 2005 and it was just like old times. My friend from Germany was there for his first drag race. We had an RV and a camper there at the track with lots of food and "beverages". In the pits, Mike took pictures with all of us, we had some refreshments and Mark Oswald went WAYYYY out of his way to be nice to my Dad's friends as they watched Mark and a crew member strip and reassemble a blower. Mark even gave my Dad's friend (2nd from left in pic) the blower belt from that nights run! To top it all off, Mike won the race on Monday with the special body for the Eric Blake Faulkner Foundation. Just a special and spectacular weekend all the way around.

click pic for larger image

Last edited:
This is it to me in a nutmeg....ah-hem....in a nutshell (inside joke).....

courtesy of dragracecentral.com
0744-08282.JPG

OK I have 2....in memory of Eric after Ron's win in Houston.

courtesy of nhra.com & auto imagery
Photo16.jpg

Being such a computer wizz, I 'm not sure if its me or you, I can't get your picture. That is a bummer!
Lee
Nitroclovers

I was fortunate enough to spend my first race ever at the hospitality of Don Schumacher - and man, it was NICE! I have never enjoyed a race so much. It will be hard to ever go to another race without being treated so royally. :D

DSR.jpg

DLB

Well 2007 was our best year yet...so picking just one is a little hard.

So....I'll do two.....both from the same race.

Special thanks to Bryan Epps for the first one! I am so glad he turned around and shot this right after I won the final @ Toronto. It's moments like that you can just never get back....and I'm so glad I got to see my husband and our crew guy's reaction! This to me is priceless! Looks like Casey barely got on before Kevin took off!! :D

Web_scan0031.jpg

...and while that was happening....this, thanks to Roger Richards...was happening at the top end. I was so freaked out that I won....that I couldn't even get out of the car yet. Heck I didn't get my helmet and stuff off until after I got my ironman...and all the way back up in front of the stands. It was such a hoot. Thanks also to Craig Clarke - Track Rescue...for being the first to congratulate me....and Pat Martin - who I raced in the final. Not only was it great to win....but it just makes it that much better when the competitor in the other lane...is one class act!

DSA_1014.JPG

Thanks for the great memories guys!!:D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back