Your Drag Racing year in a Pic??? (1 Viewer)

Hey Greg....is that a Fiero that your buddy is running? That has to be a fairly light car....and shorter wheelbase too! Roadster....I like it!

BTW....congrats on your Championship....:D

Hey Greg....is that a Fiero that your buddy is running? That has to be a fairly light car....and shorter wheelbase too! Roadster....I like it!

BTW....congrats on your Championship....:D
Thanks, Kathy!

Yes, that is my buddy Dean's 93" wheelbased, 565" powered, Fiero roadster. The thing is a freak of drag racing nature. It will go straight as a string with any motor we've ever stuff in the thing. He was running 8.07 at 164 with his new "weak" motor. He had a very bad ass 548" motor in it that went 9.90 at 171 at the Topeka national last year.

WOW!

Not to get off of the subject of '07 pictures...

But thanks for sharing Greg. I really like that car. I hope I can add a SG/SR car someday...and when you only have so much room in a trailer...a car like that would be GREAT!!

Plus it's different! The only roadster I ever drove was a Gremlin with a 555 in it. I had never been in the car before until this picture....let alone a "door car"....it was a good friend's car. Drove it @ The Rock last Oct.....guess I should have added this to the '06 racing year in a pic.........lol

Don't spank me for messing up the thread!! ;) :p

kathy_-_bill_car_-_06_-_combo2.jpg

OK...I'm outta here.....headed to Orlando for PRI!

It took me a while because I'm unintelligent when it comes to posting pics on the Mater - I'll have to get better. (Thanks to Kelly for the assist!:))

Anyway, a lot of you will recall that Chuck Beal held an Open House at his shop a while back and I was lucky enough to attend. After meeting Brandon (first on here, then at the shop the night of the event) and Chuck, I volunteered for and was accepted as a member of the team. It's been a ton o' fun so far and eventually I'll get my blogs caught up and tell you what I've experienced thus far...:eek: This whole Navy career thing keeps gettin' in my way!;)

Anyway, I stuck around a little later than most when the event concluded and was offered the opportunity to climb into the cockpit - it was heavenly!

I'd like to again publicly thank Chuck, Brandon & the entire team for giving me the chance to fulfill what has been a lifelong dream - the smile you see in the picture is as genuine as they come, I promise!

Gordon.bmp

Lookin' Good Senior Chief...

knees a little high in the car... but hey, close enuff fer government work.... rotflmao

d'kid

The following sequence is how my year started. This was a brand new car I had just built for a local guy on its 3rd pass down the track.

Cavalier_Sac_009.jpg

Cavalier_Sac_010.jpg

Cavalier_Sac_012.jpg

crash1.sized.jpg

Ok, so it's not my pic, and well yeah I edited it and posted it back on here earlier in the season, when the talk of the dive between John and Robert was just at a comical point....

teamplans.jpg

This one here was taken during the rain at Seattle...

lol.jpg

I'll post a serious response soon, just got to go through all my pics.

Good thread idea.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back