Favorite drag racing related picture that you took in 2008 (1 Viewer)

Z-Max Dragway, 1st night time qualifying, Friday night.
Zmax1.jpg

Thanks for the pose Melanie!
ZmaxMel.jpg

My #1 favorite pic that I took in '08 is

Arlene Johnson at Vegas2

x018.jpg

I wish I had it in focus, but it happened so fast and I wasn't ready.
Love it because of who she is, who she is married to, who she is Mom to, all the hard work she does, the happy expression on her face, the old school style bicycle, and the "speed" of the scene.

Honorable mentions go to:

Ace at Pomona1 ready to start the engine

Pomona08WN055.jpg

Napa nitro cloud, Sonoma

so1102.jpg

Last edited:
x018.jpg

Paul. there's no reason to apolize for this pic. I think it's great! It conveys the sense of the moment perfectly!

This HAS been a really fun thread!!!!

I thought I would add a few more. The two pictures below are John Force's return to Funny Car after the Dallas accident (that is Ashley's Mustang body; however, it was John driving).

Monday012808026.jpg

Monday012808030.jpg

The next five pictures are from John Force's first full pass in a funny car after his accident. (Same day but in the evening and he ran low ET for the test session)

Monday012808152.jpg

Monday012808157.jpg

Last edited:
A few more.

The first two were from last years Phoenix pre-season test session.
108312383.oGXm9QdY.jpg

108312498.9VUel5IS.jpg

The next two were from a booked in show at our local track:
108313375.gu83JYlp.jpg

108313403.9rQrRYxo.jpg

Hmmmmm....I could see the pictures when I did "Preview Post." Don't know what went wrong. Will investigate and try again...

Sorry about that...Bill

Sorry to do this one at a time. Let's hope this one shows up:
108312383.oGXm9QdY.jpg

Don't know what is going on here but when I bring this up in the "Preview Post," the picture shows up here AND in the other posts I put in this morning. Weird. I thought I had it figured out how to post pictures, but apparently I don't. Instead of wasting more thread space here, I will start a new thread in Chat to test this out.

As the Governator says "I'll be back," but only when this works. Sorry for the trouble.

My #1 favorite pic that I took in '08 is

Arlene Johnson at Vegas2

x018.jpg

I wish I had it in focus, but it happened so fast and I wasn't ready.
Love it because of who she is, who she is married to, who she is Mom to, all the hard work she does, the happy expression on her face, the old school style bicycle, and the "speed" of the scene.

Reminds me of a picture I wished I had taken a few years ago at one of the national test sessions at firebird.

Imagine an older/mature man, gray hair blowing in all different directions that looks like it hasn't been cut in months, riding through the pits on a pedal bike like Arlene's above, eating a hot dog (while riding) with mustard oozing out both ends. The guy's dressed in "street" clothes that look like they came from salvation army. The guy sure looks like he's enjoying himself.

And who do you think it was....

Connie Kalitta. Priceless... I love that guy! You'd never know he was worth a giggilion dollars :)

Sorry to do this one at a time. Let's hope this one shows up:

Don't know what is going on here but when I bring this up in the "Preview Post," the picture shows up here AND in the other posts I put in this morning. Weird. I thought I had it figured out how to post pictures, but apparently I don't. Instead of wasting more thread space here, I will start a new thread in Chat to test this out.

As the Governator says "I'll be back," but only when this works. Sorry for the trouble.

William,

I looked at the way you posted your pictures and everything looks correct. The pictures should appear. If I copy the URL of your pictures and paste them into the address bar, the pictures appear just fine. I suspect the website your pictures are hosted on has measures in place to prevent posting on other sites.

As I've stated many times, I'm NO photographer, nor do I understand how to take really good pictures. But here are my favorites out of my personal collection of 2008.

Ciccarone Bros. Super Stock Camaro
Copyof100_1582.jpg

Mike Neff & Jim Head on a qualifying pass
Copyof100_1652.jpg

Me and Marty the Party (taken by my nephew)
Copyof100_1624.jpg

And finally, my favorite one, also taken by my nephew. After attending so many events, and going so many times as a child, this one was my favorite. One that I've waited 30 years for. I don't need to say anymore.
Copyof100_1613.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back