Who played Booger Red in the movie? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
While at the will call line picking up tickets at Ennis, I struck up a conversation with a familiar looking guy wearing a "Legend of Booger Red" shirt. His friend asked if I had seen the movie and told me he played Booger Red in the movie.

Grady Bryant wrote and starred as Booger Red. I had the pleasure of meeting Grady a couple years back in Houston. Great Guy

Last edited:
A guy named Eubanks played Booger Red . I forget his first name and I confuse him and his son. They are both racers!
He drove Grady's old Dick Harrell prepared Chevy 2 Much at the BHRA race year before last when Grady was busy signing autograph's on DVD's with the Late [ and much missed Shelly Howard ] .
I wanted to picket Grady's house to get him to make a Drag Racing movie but I couldn't get any support on here . LOL
Nah that's not true but the thought did cross my mind.
Grady had enough material in his book to make several movies if you embellish [ writers prerogative ] a lot like in Heart Like a wheel.
Those heydays of Match racing at local tracks were great and absolutely astounded the crowds with Wheel stands , firey burnouts , eye watering nitro fuel fumes and a lot of added hype by a few good track promoters.
Yep they were not fast compared to say to days pro mods but you know the excitement was really great.
Match racing has reinvented itself lately with I believe the pro mods leading in races booked.

RON CAPPS.........as COOTER BROWN Driver of the Prudhomme Fuel Funny Car with several National wins. In 2005 Ron will be with the Schumacher Team Brut Funny car. Ron's racing site
rontight21.jpg

TOMMY JOHNSON JR........as Robert Earl Fuel Funny Car driver with several National wins Drives for the Don Prudhomme Skoal acing. Tommy's racing site
tomhorse.jpg

TATE BRANCH........as Slim accomplishments in Alcohol Funny Car 3 times division Champions in 2000, 02, 03 with several National wins and low qualifier. Tate's racing site

SHELLY HOWARD......as PRISSY 2001/2002 Top Alcohol Dragster Top Ten NHRA National Points.2001 NHRA Division 4 Champion Top Alcohol Dragster Multiple Wins and Low Qualifier at Division and National Events. Shelly's racing site
shelley_tight.tif

JIMMY EUBANK......as the Old Indian Retired from Drag Racing in 1970 after working for the legendary Bill Hielsher and setting over 200 world records.

GRADY BRYANT,,,,,,,,as "BOOGER RED" Retired from Drag Racing in 1992 after 30 years of racing with numerous wins. Was instrumental in working with Chevrolet Motors in the early days of drag racing and considered to be the Grand Father of Funny Cars. Has driven for Coors, Matco Tools, Levis, Chevrolet and Dodge.
boogerredpr2.jpg

The Real Indians,,,,, that left the old Indian to die who became a friend of Booger Red

I use IMDB all the time......it saves my brain from the extra taxing of trying to remember crap from way too many years ago. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back