Led Zeppelin's "Song Remains The Same" DVD (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
The movie segment was shot at Santa Pod in 1973. It was not released until I had moved to U.S. in 1976. The group and their manager showed up at Santa Pod Raceway in a huge limo. There were Gold Discs lying on the floor scattered around a crate of milk? Funny, the small things you remember.

John did not drive the race car. I did the shots driving through a pool of blazing gasoline. The movie shows me dressing John in my suit. The head cameraman was the same guy who shot Lawrence of Arabia. He laid cameras out all along the track and I had to drive between them. He got volunteers from spectators to throw remote switches on the cameras when he waved his hand.

He got it in one take!

We had a great couple of days doing this.

More trivia.....John Bonham was talking to me about putting the Top Fuel car on a rolling road behind his drum set-up and we would fire it up in total darkness during his drum solo but we had some problems with the Fire Chief in some cities and it didn't happen.

More trivia.....I think I first saw Jimmy Page at a dance hall in RAF Cardington near Bedford when he was only about 16 playing with Neil Christian and the Crusaders?????

Info courtesy of Clive Skilton who drove the "Revolution IV" Top Fuel Dragster at Santa Pod Raceway.

"Revolution IV" was the ex-Kuhl & Olson RED.

thanks a lot :rolleyes:
come on the mater over my lunch hour, then someone links
a youtube of zeppelin.
..........i can get lost watching zeppelin vids on youtube.
still can't get enough of the 02 arena vids!

other zep favorite........'traveling riverside blues'
hard to find select albums with this great track.

some comments:

Man, what a bummer to find out Bonham did NOT drive that T/F.
I really did think he did. Damn film makers fvckin shiet up as usual.

I loved John's left foot work on the high-hat.
As a direct result, I loved doing the same when I used to play.

My favorite Zep song is "Fool in the rain" with the famous Bonham shuffle and the wonderful Latin section later on.

Last edited:
some comments:

Man, what a bummer to find out Bonham did NOT drive that T/F.
I really did think he did....My favorite Zep song is "Fool in the rain" with the famous Bonham shuffle and the wonderful Latin section later on.

Paul- The Latin section was put in John Paul Jones, who produced, or did a lot of the producing on, "In Through the Out Door".

I agree...I thought Bonzo drove the T/F too...bummer, indeed...:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back