Capps, McCulloch bring "Revolution" history to Indy (1 Viewer)

Dave, I just flipped to the picture in the quartermilestones.com that you have in your post. As you undoubtedly already know that 'Cuda was hastily put together after the Duster burned up on the way to Indy. They had to finish out the year's match races & with the help of Mr. Ed & parts from all over kinda threw that car together. "Ace" said that he hated that car 'cause it was the most evil handling thing he'd ever driven. They began the next year with a brand new Woody Gilmore 'Cuda & that was the car that ended up winning Indy. Quite a come back after the disaster of the previous year. Those Whipple/McCulloch & RRRRRRRRRevolution cars were some of my favorites in that era & the one in your Avatar was probably the best lookin' of the bunch.
As an aside, isn't that Whipple running along side the car in the picture..........."HIP"

That's great information Roger! Actually I didn't know that. I always like reading about the nostalgia days. I've been a McCulloch fan for over 30+ years. I'm 42. He was the first autograph I ever got. I followed him throughout his career but I admit that I never knew too much about the Whipple McCulloch days (pre Revellution, Super Shops, Miller, etc...) other than from an occasional article or photo. The Revellution cars were always my favorites and still are to this day with the one in this link probably being MY favorite.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/images/AboutUs_Car1.gif

After he retired from driving I became a Capps fan but I don't actually remember why. I followed ACE as a crew chief and that obviously has had it's good and bad times. So when ACE teamed up with Capps years back it was a perfect fit for me.

Dave,I'll have to agree with you on almost all you posted!! I've been a fan of "the Ace" as long as you have (I'm 44) I don't know how many Revollution models I built,but there were a bunch of them.

I'm looking forward to the new smell! From what I've read, it's supposed to be an 'updated' scent.

You might change your mind when you see it.;)
Well, Bob, you're probably right. LOL! And what a relief. You all will think I'm an airhead, but I thought the picture Kelly put up above was the paint job, with just the front being painted blue. Now maybe you can see why I didn't think it was as great as everyone else. :eek: :p I think I'm about due for a vacation! :D

Darn it, THIS is the picture that I was hoping to see when I read the title of this thread, now this would be badazz!:eek:
ACE.jpg

Wow Lance!!!!! That is totally top shelf. I'd sure love to see that paint scheme at Indy, or anywhere for that matter.
Kind of off the subject but with Ron having the new Brut colors & Whit having the Rat Fink car is Gary going to be in the normal Oakley livery? I know that they're bringing out a brand new chassis. Also, I haven't read or heard if Ron's new colors are an Indy only deal or are they keeping that scheme for the remainder of the year. Anybody know?............."HIP"

For some reason I can't view lance's image. :mad: I can see it on my Blackberry but for whatever reasons I can't view the image on my desk top. I'm sure it's some type of firewall here at work. From what I can tell it is exactly what I thought would be an awesome idea for an Indy paint scheme. Very cool Lance!

S T U N I N I N G ! ! !
Who do we have to thank for those great shots?! Thanx for posting Kel!

Looking forward to trying the "dry water deep" anti-perspirants and "success", "attitude" aftershaves.

Gentlemen, how hot are those brut girls?!! YEAH!

Nice... Nice... Nice !!!!!!!
Oh, and the car looks good too...:eek:
And notice how the new Blue Brut uniform brings out the gray in Ace's hair... :D and his Huge smile. Great shots:)

Darn it, THIS is the picture that I was hoping to see when I read the title of this thread, now this would be badazz!:eek:
ACE.jpg

Great rendering, but don't you think Shoe will have an issue with it? :D

And at some point, shouldn't we be seeing a retro Stardust car come out of that camp??? :confused:

I to was expecting to see the car look like the pic that Lance Peltier
put up.
I do not see the "revellution" theme in the new blue brute car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back