Newbs in the stands quotes- BIR (1 Viewer)

I was in Seattle and these two younger guys in their 20's were just hacking away after a warm-up. Turns out they had a contest to see who could stay at the ropes longer! I learned my lesson about that a long time ago, I setlle for a good wiff but that's it!

I'd beat both of them!!!!:D

I don't so much mind the newbs that are just oblivious..but they're trying. It's the guy that it's his 2nd time and knows absolutely everything..hehe!!

I agree. My favorite was sitting in the stands. After Force smokes the tires Newb #1 says "What the heck was that?" Newb#2 who knows his stuff responds "Force is oldschool hardcore bro, He just gave it to much gas"

I've actually heard this one a few times, and have answered alot of Newb#1 questions.. It's Newb#2's that annoy me.

the problem arises when Newb#1 gets bad info from a newb#2 then he in turn becomes a newb#2 and gives out that info to another newb#1 and just like that theres a line of info that could have been thought up by a drunk guy on a motorized toilet bowl

These are funny. And yes I agree 1000% - we NEED newbies!! They don't even have to speak to be annoying some times. Like the tough guys who don't need earplugs. But they sit in front of you with thier smokin-hot girlfriend.... and sit there through every pro session.... for 16 nitro runs... and jump when every pair launches and cover thier ears quickly.... like they don't know it's coming.

Also those who have to leave or enter thier seat while the loud cars are running. They have to stop halfway up the aisle, turn around and watch.

OK, that's my rant.... remember though.... we NEED them!!

I was in Seattle and these two younger guys in their 20's were just hacking away after a warm-up. Turns out they had a contest to see who could stay at the ropes longer! I learned my lesson about that a long time ago, I setlle for a good wiff but that's it!

I like watching the people around the pits - half are running towards the car warming up and half are running away! :) Also watching the unaware newbies jump (like my kids! :D ) is fun.

Newbs do crack me up, but we need them and I try my hardest to educate them.

The ones that get me are the guys who have been around the sport forever, think they know everything, and dont understand have the classes. I personally have a very good friend just like that.

I have explained comp eliminator to him 1,000 times yet at the HRP Div 4 race last month he was screaming calling a comp guy a moron b/c he was 40 hot! Thats bracket talk for those of you who dont know. For example if you car runs 7.00 and 7.00 again some people like to dial 7.02 so if they are a little late they have time to catch up, we call that 2 hot. Yep, he was 40 hot. That doesnt even make cense. I just shook my head.

When I have a newbie with me, I break them in right. I take them to the Kaltta pits for their first nitro warm-up. I have them stand right behind the car and tell them to breathe deep!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Yea what is it with them kalitta cars that sound so goooood?

The Announcer's just don't have the time to explain every class everytime they are on the track.

I'm sorry, but if there's time for the clowns to shoot t-shirts, having screaming contests, and the "drag races at the drag races", there's time to educate people... :rolleyes:

If/when someone approaches me to ask about my car, I will spend the day talking with them....however, when I am standing near by and I hear some one incorrectly guess or explain about something on my car, it does annoy me a bit. Kind of like when I over hear someone spout off that "the driver did this or the driver did that".....if you aren't sitting in that seat, you have no idea what they did or didn't do.....you are guessing....:rolleyes:

I personally think this would be a far more enjoyable version of 'sounds of the strip' than what we hear now. The first couple times it was kinda cool, but now that part of the broadcast drives me nuts. Or maybe a camera floating around catching footage of unsuspecting newbies standing at the ropes to 'see' a warmup. That is a riot, and we have all seen it.
I love to listen to people. It is the dynamic of the world we live in. I am glad to hear that people are enthusiastic about drag racing, even if a bit mistaken about details, drivers, classes, etc. As long as they aren't stumbling, blabbering drunken idiots, it is all good in my opinion.

I thought I saw a motorized lay z boy chair with a toilet built in once...

I know the lazy boy one... it was black and the guy had a REALLY bad toppe. I dont know if it had a tolet it it, but a stand alone tolet might be something to think about, the only bad part is droping the $30 to bring it in...

I know the lazy boy one... it was black and the guy had a REALLY bad toppe. I dont know if it had a tolet it it, but a stand alone tolet might be something to think about, the only bad part is droping the $30 to bring it in...

If I only had the time, money, and a welding machine. It would be so fun create things like a motorized toilet! Some of those machines they create are so awesome - the custom party dragsters are great

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back