Enders Nabs New Sponsor! (1 Viewer)

If I'm not mistaken, they did some limited race sponsorship on Vitor Meira's IRL car this season as well.

Looks like they're trying to get into racing. Good for them.

Car looks great.

Now if I'm not mistake all of DSR associate sponsors are on the side
window. Now perhaps that is jsut becasue this is a computer rendering.

or is she still under that proverbial unbrella????

I guess we'll find out this weekend.

Great new sponsor and I hope she get in and goes some rounds.

Her dad definently has what it takes to get sponsors, she seems to get them so easily where as established champions such as Yates have to struggle to get funding. I guess she has what America is looking for.

Her dad definently has what it takes to get sponsors, she seems to get them so easily where as established champions such as Yates have to struggle to get funding. I guess she has what America is looking for.

Yates may be a champ, but he's not a good-looking 22 year old woman who is popular with the younger crowd.

I like Yates and I didn't mean that as a jab, it's just how it is nowadays.

Yates may be a champ, but he's not a good-looking 22 year old woman who is popular with the younger crowd.

I like Yates and I didn't mean that as a jab, it's just how it is nowadays.

Right you are. The marketing people are trying to reach the 18-39ish age group, and she appeals to both sexes in that age category.

I see it all the time. People here will say "But so-and-so has been at this for a long time, and deserves to get some good sponsorship money and interview exposure. She/he's only been in this for a year or so. It just doesn't seem fair." Well, it's not fair, but that's the economic reality of big time racing. An early-twenty something female newbie to the sport doesn't know Jim Yates from Methuselah, and quite frankly will not be able to relate to him, no matter how decent a guy he is. But she WILL be able to relate to Erica, and will pay attention to what she does, and will probably at least TRY some of the products she's being sponsored by. That's what it's all about, folks. It brings back to mind something Warren Johnson wrote in his ND column some time ago. While not verbatim, he said that racing ceased to be the playground of the car makers and auto engineers a long time ago. He said racing has become "engineering entertainment."

Nobody heard of Slammers either......

:) ...and they ended up with a very nice relationship with Coca-Cola Enterprises.

If they show incremental sales increases (may be easier to demonstrate with a 'below the RADAR' product than an established biggee) it will benefit everybody looking or sponsorship.

For the sake of everyone, I hope it's a solid deal.

I had never heard of slammers before her so the marketing with racing helped them, hopefully this works out to be a good deal for both of them.

I would imagine this mean that they will now make the rest of this years races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back