EE offs sponsor? (1 Viewer)

If all the facts are as they are presented it appears it is a simple matter of personal integrity. A some what rare commodity these days.

jim

that seems odd, its difficult getting sponsors as it is but now some are off limits for fear of compitition.

I wonder if the Enders really were given a choice in this or were told they had to do this. Hope they find a replacement

*DISCLAIMER: I want to preface this post by saying I am an Erica fan and I continue to hope she will do well in Pro Stock*

In thinking about that sponsorship announcement, something doesn't add up. The Enders are uptight about a possible sponsor conflict, yet Kenny Bernstein (and half of the funny car field who were pursuing Monster as a sponsor) has no qualms about running a potential conflicting sponsor to Coke/Full Throttle? Do you think anyone would turn down Red Bull as a sponsor? PLEASE. In my estimation, 1 of 3 things happened:

1. Revive ran out of money or wanted to pull the sponsorship and this story was made up for all parties to save face. Happens in other motorsports all the time. To me, this is the most likely scenario.

2. Coke/Full Throttle told them to 86 the sponsor. This is unlikely, because Kenny Bernstein would have gotten the same memo to 86 Monster. We all know that isn't going to happen. Besides, if Coke/Full Throttle would have really had a problem with Revive being on board, don't you think the Enders would have been told something sooner? Revive was around for nearly half the season.

3. The Enders are telling the truth. The only way this makes sense, is if Coke/Full Throttle or the NHRA have offered the Enders a replacement sponsor and they are sitting on it until closer to the season starting. If they are telling the truth, and they have no other sponsor lined up, then this certainly sheds new light on the Enders Stock offering. If they are counting on people buying shares along with limited sponsorships from Mopar, Gates, etc to fund their program, they are in trouble before the season even starts.

Again, I hope Erica does well in '07, I think she is good for the class and the sport, but this sponsorship story set off my BS detector big time.

Last edited:
I'm all for EE and her success in Pro Stock, but I suspect that there was some pressure on them by NHRA to get out of this contract. Based on the way NHRA has been with exclusive type sponsors, I would not put it past them asking (demanding) that the Enders cancel the contract with Revive. I doubt that any of this will be made public so this is just an opinion. I hate to see what appears to be a good new sponsor leave the sport for these types of reasons. Maybe they'll hook up with an IHRA team if they want to stay in the sport at some level.

*DISCLAIMER: I want to preface this post by saying I am an Erica fan and I continue to hope she will do well in Pro Stock*

In thinking about that sponsorship announcement, something doesn't add up. The Enders are uptight about a possible sponsor conflict, yet Kenny Bernstein (and half of the funny car field who were pursuing Monster as a sponsor) has no qualms about running a potential conflicting sponsor to Coke/Full Throttle? Do you think anyone would turn down Red Bull as a sponsor? PLEASE. In my estimation, 1 of 3 things happened:

1. Revive ran out of money or wanted to pull the sponsorship and this story was made up for all parties to save face. Happens in other motorsports all the time. To me, this is the most likely scenario.

2. Coke/Full Throttle told them to 86 the sponsor. This is unlikely, because Kenny Bernstein would have gotten the same memo to 86 Monster. We all know that isn't going to happen. Besides, if Coke/Full Throttle would have really had a problem with Revive being on board, don't you think the Enders would have been told something sooner? Revive was around for nearly half the season.

3. The Enders are telling the truth. The only way this makes sense, is if Coke/Full Throttle or the NHRA have offered the Enders a replacement sponsor and they are sitting on it until closer to the season starting. If they are telling the truth, and they have no other sponsor lined up, then this certainly sheds new light on the Enders Stock offering. If they are counting on people buying shares along with limited sponsorships from Mopar, Gates, etc to fund their program, they are in trouble before the season even starts.

Again, I hope Erica does well in '07, I think she is good for the class and the sport, but this sponsorship story set off my BS detector big time.

Chis,

You beat me to it with your post as I was pondering what I was going to type while you were pounding out this response. Good point to add the **Disclaimer** upfront and I did the same thing. (NOTE: I did not see your post before I hit submit) Anyway, I didn't even think about the Monster sponsorship of Kenny Bernstein's being the same type of conflict of interest so GOOD POINT! As Jeff Burk would say...Just Wonderin....

Something doesn't add up here, and you pose some interesting theories. As I mentioned in my post, the real truth probably won't be divulged, so we can speculate as much as we want. Kinda hard to believe the Enders can plan to run the entire 23 race series on the strength of a handful of associate sponsors and the rest on their own dime.

that seems odd, its difficult getting sponsors as it is but now some are off limits for fear of compitition.

I wonder if the Enders really were given a choice in this or were told they had to do this. Hope they find a replacement

What year did you graduate from Michigan?

I remember a few years back when NHRA had series sponsorship from Winston that there were a few cars with a Smokin Joes sponsorship. I believe that would be a conflict?:rolleyes: What about CSK being the "official auto parts store" on the NHRA yet O'Reilly's sponsors NHRA races and Cruz has Advance Auto? Wouldn't that be a conflict?:confused: And yes, I'm being sarcastic here. I personally think what she did was stupid. A conflict? My A$$.

Smokin' Joe's

Smokin' Joe's aka "Camel" was/is part of the RJ Reynolds bunch, if they (RJ) are still around. No conlflict there, just the series sponsor gettin' more involved. Where's the "Full Throttle" T/F, F/C, P/S or PSB?????????? Don't hold your breath...................................

Late..................Mitch

Last edited:
I guess we'll never really know who forced who (if that is the case), the article does quote the VP of marketing at Revive. So in that respect we do know that the sponsorship was offered and turned down.

Wow...

A lot of people don't seem to know or relise or just forget is that "Monster" is owned and distributed by Budweiser's parent company AB.. ..

What i was wondering if NHRA has the same Sponsor fees as NASCAR.. where in order for them to allow your sponsor you(said company) have to pay them a fee to be allowed to sponsor a car at their events... if NHRA has something close to that then maybe the sponsor didn't want to pay or it was out of their budget....

or.... it was like the Hooters deal for Loy Allen Jr. in NASCAR from a few years ago..... Loy was running ARCA series.. and his dad wanted the team to look "big time" so he bought the Hooters decals put them on the car and uniforms on the crew...and went out an announced he was going cup racing.... well he won the last arca race of the year and Bob Brooks was on tv with him and since it was after Kulwickis death tv asked him if he was going to be on Allens Cup team...... after studdrs in a bit he said um... yeah ....lol...... Maybe the Enders crew put it on hoping for help for 07.. and it didn't work out....

always three sides to a story... teams, sponsors and the truth....lol......

hate if for her either way i would like to see her stick around.....

Billy

Another thing that seems strange. Is that I'm sure ther has been tons
of simular cases like this through the years. WHY was this one posted
on NHRA's web page for everyone to see.

Also if Reve's has $$ and is willing to spend it on the NHRA I wonder
how many other teams are knockig there doors down trying to get it.
And if that is the case I wonder if somebody already go it and the posted
that to make the winner look bad.

Best of luck this season and I wish you the best.

Great posts on an interesting topic. I've been in the Marketing and Advertising business, though my Radio stations, since the early 80's. From what I've read so far, this reeks of a double standard on NHRA's part. I smell a big rat in Glendora...

Here is the skinny with NHRA and "Exclusive" sponsors...

First, let me say congrats to Erica for doing something almost noboby would ever do....In fact, I am quite concerned that there IS in fact more to this story..

1.) Revive is NOT out of money...I am quite farmiliar with them from their deal with Panther Racing in the IRL and they are a terrific bunch of people...

2.) NHRA has an agreement with Powerade, which as you all know, is owned by Coca-Cola..In that deal, the ONLY category that is not available to sponsor ANY teams in the NHRA is Sports Drinks....Now, specifically, that is NOT Energy Drinks...Hence the KB deal..I know FOR A FACT that Red Bull is snooping around, as is Rockstar...THEY can come in to the NHRA...HOWEVER, if you signed Gatorade, you would be in violation of the NHRA's policy, and they wouldn't let you park your trailer....

Hopefully, that will clear things up for everyone..

J. Rathman
CEO
J. Rathman Sports, LLC.:cool:

"I believe Winston had a problem with RJ Reynolds but Powerade wouldn't" to quote Ian..........

I really don't get the gist of your statement. Winston IS RJ Reynolds. I don't know anything about tobacco sponsorships these days.

Late...............Mitch

i suppose, if the 'thought to be' sponsor is leaving, it's best to make
the news public a.s.a.p. so as to avoid numerous rumors.

perhaps Revive's sponsorship was put together quickly and it took
some time for all four parties involved (EE, NHRA, Revive, Coca-Cola)
to make a ruling regarding whether or not Revive's sponsorship
infringed on existing series-sponsor bylaws?
maybe Coca-cola was actually being nice letting EE team with Revive
for later half of last year, realizing her ability to attract new fans
to the series?

"I believe Winston had a problem with RJ Reynolds but Powerade wouldn't" to quote Ian..........

I really don't get the gist of your statement. Winston IS RJ Reynolds. I don't know anything about tobacco sponsorships these days.

Late...............Mitch

Some smoker I am, your right! I guess you learn something new every day with drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back