EE offs sponsor? (1 Viewer)

Ray,
i think you've doubled your posts in this one thread.

Greg,
thank you for your comments.

Ray,
i think you've doubled your posts in this one thread.

Greg,
thank you for your comments.
Tell me about it Bro...
I want it to stop more then anyone!!
I don't want to catch Kelly on THIS issue...
I'm just trying to help others figure this mess out and answering replies from others...
Sorry about the ranting, but this never should have happened to Erica, Gregg or anyone else...
Going to hibernate now, continue on with regularly scheduled programming... Ciao

I don't think most here ment to lean toward any type of slam for the Enders team...and the way they do business... i think to many of us have in the back of our minds the Bully mentality that the NHRA has had lately or for a while depending on who you talk to... ie .. ADRL situration.. the Smith/Johnson win at Indy.. their stuff was right. even when the pictures showed otherwise... and alot of people self included figured that the NHRA was up to no good...again.

like i said before i understand the conflict situation... but i believe that this shows this type of situation is going to have to be adjusted soon... the high cost of racing has made teams look for suport any where they can get it.. and places are running out.. i know for a fact that most dag teams could run a great operation on what associate sponsors pay Cup teams. Problem is .. its more profitable for them to stay in cup for the exposure..... But even Cup teams are having problems.. Good ones at that.... NASCAR even lifted a ban on liqours sponsoring cars because money is hard to come by.. maybe the NHRA should consider looking at the same scenerio for their teams.. as far as conflicting sponsors... or there may be times when less than full field of Pro class teams will rear its ugly head.. already had one race last year if i remember correctly... thing is to not burn bridges .. not when they are built on cash....

Billy

Ian
I read this I believe tuesday night, that is where the confusion came in this topic for me...
Since that statement Gregg posted on this site, go back and read exactly what he said...
That POWER QUENCH is a clear and undeniable SPORTS DRINK intended to provide benefits simular to POWERADE as a SPORTS DRINK!!
This is in complete contradiction to the statement that is REVIVES- PURE ENERGY which is an ENERGY DRINK and is intended to compete with FULL THROTTLE is not where the truth lies...
ENERGY DRINKS- are O.K.
SPORTS DRINKS- are NOT

I am sorry if my continuing to make this point as clear as a bottle of Dasani is rubbing some the wrong way...
But there is a difference and it should be printed in black and white... Otherwise Bernstein (Monster) and those other ENERGY DRINKS to come, may not get all they think that they can get on ROI...

Back to sleep... With no spin!!

First off, I too have to say "Thanks Greg" for spending the time to come on here and straighten this situation out. We don't think less of you or Erica for doing what you did. Many of us just have a distrust for NHRA at this point in time (sad to say) and the conspiracy theory wheels just got some of us going. We all hate to see sponsors leave the sport, or in your case maybe only leave a team, when we all know (not first hand necessarily) how hard it is to land a good sponsor.

Good luck to you in 2007 and we hope to see Erica at all 23 races and see her qualify and make some noise too.

Ian
I read this I believe tuesday night, that is where the confusion came in this topic for me...
Since that statement Gregg posted on this site, go back and read exactly what he said...
That POWER QUENCH is a clear and undeniable SPORTS DRINK intended to provide benefits simular to POWERADE as a SPORTS DRINK!!
This is in complete contradiction to the statement that is REVIVES- PURE ENERGY which is an ENERGY DRINK and is intended to compete with FULL THROTTLE is not where the truth lies...
ENERGY DRINKS- are O.K.
SPORTS DRINKS- are NOT

I am sorry if my continuing to make this point as clear as a bottle of Dasani is rubbing some the wrong way...
But there is a difference and it should be printed in black and white... Otherwise Bernstein (Monster) and those other ENERGY DRINKS to come, may not get all they think that they can get on ROI...

Back to sleep... With no spin!!

Ray, I take GE's word for it.... and if he is lying I really don't care, it's business not drag racing. I just posted it because it was news. It seems more like there is too much smoke here, but the fire is somewhere else. Maybe the Saudi Royal Family wants an exclusive deal, I'd find a way out too.

I am not at all saying Gregg is lying... PERIOD!!
What I am saying is that he told us everything we needed to know on his post here in Materville...
The comp plus statement does not make any sense...
I feel a rule change coming as far as ENERGY DRINKS are concerned... Maybe one per catagory?? I dont TINK so!!
Time will tell...

The people involved influence the public perception. As an example, if this was Dean Skuza turning down his potential on-line gambling sponsorship because he felt they could be a bad influence on the young racing fan, then everyone would be falling all over themselves to slap him on the back and tell him what a stand-up kind of guy he is. There wouldn't be near the amount of doubt, speculation, and paranoia we're seeing with the Enders family.

"God, I love message boards ! Where else can one go, read a statement issued by a team, then have the conspiracy theorists start to pick it apart"

Good One Jackie.

. . . if this was Dean Skuza turning down his potential on-line gambling sponsorship because he felt they could be a bad influence on the young racing fan, then everyone would be falling all over themselves to slap him on the back and tell him what a stand-up kind of guy he is . . .
If it was Skuza, wouldn't the sponsorship have already been sniped by some other team owner for one dollar less before he got a chance to spend the first dime?

Sponsor conflicts?

Jackee
It really does matter to more then the Enders team...
I need to know what the boundries are when knocking on doors for sponsorship $$... What if after negotiating for months if not a year and I get an o.k. from the higher ups, they give me a milllion dollars, my car and rig are painted and NHRA won't let me play in their sandbox because of a conflict of interest between my sponsor and a Powerade/NHRA sponsor... I am not the only one this should concern... Conspiracy? We never landed on the moon, (FACT)!! There were two Shooters, (FACT)!! Little green men, (?) The fact remains that something went horribly wrong here before it should have... And many are wondering why... THAT is the great thing about chat boards...

Ray, there are 'exclusives' built in to sponsorships at various levels in all types of business. I offer category exclusives to advertisers at my Radio station, and will always continue to do so. There are two reasons I do so:
  1. It offers me leverage in asking for a larger investment from the sponsor.
  2. It offers the sponsor an arena to market their product or service in an exclusive way.

We are very careful at protecting these exclusive sponsorships at my station. This is one of the more common ways to generate additional value...both to the seller of the advertising (racer), and to the consumer.

My suggestion to you is that you put a strategic list of potential sponsors together and investigate any potential conflicts long before you attempt to recruit their sponsorship. Otherwise you risk wasting a significant amount of time with sponsors you can't use, and the waste of money in that attempt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back