Enders sitting out at Reading (1 Viewer)

Hate to be so blunt, but she may as well get her ducks in a row without costing herself money by not qualifying and making some blank runs. You can get better info testing at your home track.

Didn't read the article - does it say that?

Last edited:
IMHO a mistake......

near (enough)to the largest media market in the country - qualified or not - she'd have an opportunity to meet some "influencers".:confused:

Probably was a mistake to buy the team in the first place. If they're not going to race, they should have started from scratch with a GM program. There are alot more GM engine programs to work with if you want to be competitive (qualify) right away.

Probably was a mistake to buy the team in the first place. If they're not going to race, they should have started from scratch with a GM program. There are alot more GM engine programs to work with if you want to be competitive (qualify) right away.

If she wanted to race right away she could have called Larry Morgan.

It really dose seem strange why they did the things they did.

At one point in time this season David Nickens was not working
in pro-stock. You would think they could of got a much better deal
having him start up a new operation. Instead they bought a 2 year
old operation that the car has made one race all season. Dosen't
seem to make sence. Perhaps DSR gave them a screaming deal just
to rid himself of his P/S effort.

It also says in that link that they have another team on a leasing
program for 2007. WOW dose that person have some balls. They have
already signed up for a totally unproven engine program. Hope everybody
dose well in 2007. It's going to be feast or famon for the Enders.

I am assuming that with all the reports of Rodger Brogden going to Pro Stock, and with him being from Houston, that thats who they have teamed up with on the motor program. It just sounds funny when she said we already have one engine leaser signed up. I was like, "Who's that ignorant?" They cant even get their car in the show.

I had heard $600K, which seems pretty cheap for a car, hauler, etc. You do make a great point about the car being two years old. I thought at Denver she was in a brand new car? What happened to that one and the one Gene was driving?

Enders should have teamed up with Maskin, Martino, and Glidden.. She'd be a top qualifier out of the box then.:D :D :D

I think you guys are counting out David Nickens too quickly, if all he has to concentrate on is building engines his way, and not answering to all of the corporate BS, he'll be making some power.

I think you guys are counting out David Nickens too quickly, if all he has to concentrate on is building engines his way, and not answering to all of the corporate BS, he'll be making some power.

I agree. David's obviously a smart guy and I'm betting he'll once again do well in the PS wars.

Somebody corect me if I am wrong but, didn't Nickens lose the Mopar deal because they weren't competing at the top of the charts, last time he had the team.

Somebody corect me if I am wrong but, didn't Nickens lose the Mopar deal because they weren't competing at the top of the charts, last time he had the team.
Or was it because someone came in and told Mopar that they could give them more bang for their buck, with associate representation in all 3 major classes?:eek:

All indicators lead to the leasee being Roger Brogdon, he has the coin to do it and logistically it makes sense. When she entered her first race she qualified with the car Jeg drove and Shaun was in the new car amd still didn't qualify. Remember guys, Shaun took his original car to Charlotte to head DSR's Pro Stock engineering program to find out a better way to make these cars perform with the help of Ray Everenham's NASCAR engineers. What a joke, anyways I'm a little confused here because since she is the only concern of Nickens and Adams they should have been able to go to Reading and qualify. Richie will have Johnson Power so that leaves her getting the top flight peices that Nickens had for Richie. I guess since they are going be utitlizing "handbuilt" engines from Nickens now thatmust have meant they were using those "turd" engines that Bob left (Bob's engines weren't turds however, just drivers who couldn't drive that the problem was). I don't know what to beleive when it comes to that deal, I here alot of excuses and sitting out this weekend doesn't make sense to me when she has the pick of Nickens' best peices. David is no dummy and he should be able to get her running well but I think he is finding his layoff is a little more diffucult to make power that is competitive than when he originally got in the game. His power did hold the MPH record for a couple years after all. I guess Roger wanted to get in bad because I couldn't get down with a program that hasn't proved it self but they might be cutting him a sweet deal. I personally would have thought Roger would have done his own thing with GM.

I agree, David Nickens knows how to make power. Erica and crew will be fine. They will bounce back very soon. I think Erica buying everything and starting her own team is extremely smart and it will pay off dividends in the long run.

I agree, David Nickens knows how to make power. Erica and crew will be fine. They will bounce back very soon. I think Erica buying everything and starting her own team is extremely smart and it will pay off dividends in the long run.

I somewhat agree Amanda. I think the smart thing to do was too defininetly get away from the Shoe P/S camp and for her to start her own deal. However, buying a car that hasnt qualified but twice all year, thats kinda crazy unless it was a really really sweet deal. I think Nickens can qualify bottom half but I dont ever see him being a championship contender honestly.

She should have never split with Cagnazzi in the first place. I guess the grass ain't always greener!

She should have never split with Cagnazzi in the first place. I guess the grass ain't always greener!

I agree 100%. But I think this new direction is their best chance to recover from that bad decision. I think the family wanted their own team anyway. I wish them the best.

I have nothing against EE.. I do think she (her father) made a poor decision to leave VC.. (if it was their decision) however given the way things look right now.. I will bet the ranch she don't qualify the rest of the year...

And doubt she will even make the top 10 next year...or is it top 8 with the new scoring system..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back