NHRA Limits Number of Cars per each Owner in a Category (1 Viewer)

I'm glad to see this happen. As I wrote in another thread, the way it was set up before, nothing stopped an owner from owning the entire class if he had deep enough pockets. NHRA maybe should have done this a little earlier but I guess it's better late than never.
One question. Where does the Mike Ashley car fit into these parameters? Is Don Schumacher considered the "owner" if that car?............."HIP"

I would guess it counts as one of the four like the Black/ Will TF team would count as one of three for Kalitta(?)

I'm glad to see this happen. As I wrote in another thread, the way it was set up before, nothing stopped an owner from owning the entire class if he had deep enough pockets. NHRA maybe should have done this a little earlier but I guess it's better late than never.
One question. Where does the Mike Ashley car fit into these parameters? Is Don Schumacher considered the "owner" if that car?............."HIP"

Evan Knoll owns Ashley's team. Schumacher just manages it.

Seems like there'd be many loopholes, gray areas & different ways around this. Reminds me of how right now there's a limit on how many people from a team are allowed up on the starting line for their car's run. :p

Personally, I think the NHRA is still allowing at least one, if not two, cars too many.

I don't think so!

"Evan Knoll owns Ashley's team. Schumacher just manages it."
Evan and Don are rumored to be business partners, so I don't think NHRA is gonna buy this deal!
The new rule will still allow DSR and Kalitta to control half of the TF field and JFR and DSR to do the same in FC. If this rule transferred to NASCAR, major teams would be allowed to field TEN teams at each race!
If NHRA really wanted to encourage new investment in professional classes, they should have limited the Big Boyz to two teams in each class - JMHO

I'm sure John would let us sponser Ashley. He just needs to give us the money. Imagine , Ashley Force sponsered by Nitromater.Com.
Cool idea??
All he needs to do is match us 10,000 to 1 .
Someone call him please.

this rule will have no effect at all, using force for an example he could fund a team and put it in ashley's name, he could have another in courtney's name, same with shumacher and kalitta's or worsham's this rule will have absolutely no effect at all, there are tons of ghost companies that all come back to the same ownership group or groups. thank god for multi car teams or we would have some short fields with the price of racing.

Seems like there'd be many loopholes, gray areas & different ways around this. Reminds me of how right now there's a limit on how many people from a team are allowed up on the starting line for thier car's run. :p

Could Don and son Tony not own four teams each as long as everything is seperate on paper?

NHRA has the right to do what it wants with it's ball. I do disagree with the business sense (or lack of) on this one. What if an owner with four teams could attract a fifth sponsor that otherwise won't be supporting drag racing? You now have affirmative action in NHRA.

this rule will have no effect at all, using force for an example he could fund a team and put it in ashley's name, he could have another in courtney's name, same with shumacher and kalitta's or worsham's this rule will have absolutely no effect at all, there are tons of ghost companies that all come back to the same ownership group or groups. thank god for multi car teams or we would have some short fields with the price of racing.

That's the way it's done in NASCAR - which has a similar rule. For instance, driver Mark Martin is registered as the owner of Matt Kenseth's #17 team. Next year, though, NASCAR is instituting a rule that will limit ownership to four teams. And to enforce the rule, NASCAR is demanding that owners submit their tax records. To get around the rule team owners might be inclined to hide their ownership assets from NASCAR, but it's less likely that they'll be willing to lie to the IRS. That being the case, I think that such a rule can be enforced if a sanctioning body is serious about it.

good rule. i think total cars should also be limited. team $humacher will have 4 in each catagory pretty soon then. even 4 is a lot when comparing it to a 1 car team though.

That's the way it's done in NASCAR - which has a similar rule. For instance, driver Mark Martin is registered as the owner of Matt Kenseth's #17 team. Next year, though, NASCAR is instituting a rule that will limit ownership to four teams. And to enforce the rule, NASCAR is demanding that owners submit their tax records. To get around the rule team owners might be inclined to hide their ownership assets from NASCAR, but it's less likely that they'll be willing to lie to the IRS. That being the case, I think that such a rule can be enforced if a sanctioning body is serious about it.
NASCAR went one step further with their 2007 rule for multiple team ownership. A car owner is limited to managing 4 teams.
They have always been limited on ownership numbers. The loophole is management. Hendricks had his dad owning a team, son owned a team....yada yada yada.
My opinion is NHRA should have limited it to three teams and eventually down to two. The second half of the rule should have addressed managing teams also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back