Legends of Nitro Announces 260/265 Mile Per Hour Club (1 Viewer)

Legends of Nitro Announces 260/265 Mile Per Hour Club : Lucas Oil

I would like to thank Tom Bogner at Lucas Oil for their support of the 260 & 265 clubs. It's really an honor to be recognized by such a generous supporter of drag racing. I'd also like to thank all who have called or sent an e-mail with their support of the clubs. It means a tremendous amount to everyone at Stith Printing that our hard work & dedication for the sport doesn't go unnoticed.
K

I would have never guessed that with those small pumps you guys run! I remember when NHRA changed the RE Gear on the Fuel cars from the 2.90 to a 3.20 in 1990. Just about everybody was turning 7,200-7,400 RPM with 40-50 GPM pumps! At the 1991 Winternat's Prudhomme had Top speed in Top Fuel at just 276 MPH! What is strange though is Glen Mikres had top speed of the meet in Pisano's FC with a 284 MPH! When was the last time you saw a FC out MPH Dragsters by 8 MPH???

I remember that, We always knew funny cars made more power that dragsters.

We ran 3.20 gear in Roland's deal at indy in 89' were # 2 behind Snake with a 5.30 flat 268. with 45 gallon deal and BIG blower.

The retro 6.71 is better than the 12's we had 25 years ago, the tires are better, chassis are better the race tracks are a bunch better.

While we are on the subject or nitro.

Last edited:
I'm guessing around a 3.55?
Joe we run a 4.30 in the Hot 4 Teacher. We just put a new engine in it today and fired it up on alcohol a few hours ago. We are firing it on nitro at a car show tomorrow, then we will be racing it at the March Meet in a couple of weeks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back