Nhra hot rod heritage racing series announces 2011 season (1 Viewer)

Raconteur

Nitro Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NHRA HOT ROD HERITAGE RACING SERIES ANNOUNCES 2011 SEASON

GLENDORA, Calif. (Dec. 1, 2010) –
NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series officials announced today the 2011 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing schedule, which includes affiliate events at Beech Bend Raceway Park and Maple Grove Raceway.

The Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion will be held June 16-18 at Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Ky. and the Geezers at the Grove will be held July 2-3 at Maple Grove Raceway, in Reading, Pa.

In total, the 2011 schedule includes 11 events and will begin with the Arizona Fuel & Gas Nationals, March 5-6 at Speedworld Dragstrip in Wittmann, Ariz.

In addition to the affiliate events at Beech Bend Raceway Park and Maple Grove Raceway, the series will make stops at Auto Club Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, Calif., Auto Club Dragway in Fontana, Calif., Firebird Raceway in Boise, Idaho, The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, and Sacramento Raceway in Sacramento, Calif.

“We’re excited to be hosting the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage series at Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway again in 2011,” said Mike Yurick, vice president of operations at Auto Club Speedway. “Drag racing started here in Southern California and the event has become a key part of our schedule. We wish all the racers the best of luck in 2011 and welcome them back to Auto Club Dragway.”

A new addition to the 2011 schedule will be that the Group 1 classes will join Nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster and Nostalgia Funny Car in finishing their season and crown champions at the California Hot Rod Reunion presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California at Auto Club Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, Calif., while Group 2 classes will finish their seasons in July at the Nostalgia Reunion at Sacramento Raceway.

“We’re extremely happy with the success that the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series has had and look forward to yet another exciting season,” said Peter Clifford, board member, NHRA Wally Parks Motorsports Museum. “The support shown from our host tracks around the country, combined with the efforts of the NHRA Wally Parks Motorsports Museum and the Hot Rod Reunions has been tremendous in showcasing the commitment shared by all to maintaining the history of the great sport of drag racing.”

The NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series consists of two nitro categories: Nostalgia Top Fuel dragsters, Nostalgia Funny Cars, and two groups of additional classes. Group 1 includes Jr. Fuel, A-Fuel, AA/Gas, and 7.0 Pro, while Group 2 includes NE I, NE II, NE III, A/Gas, B/Gas, C/Gas, D/Gas and Hot Rod. Each class will run a combination of events in which they will score points toward the championship.

The NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series was developed in 2008 to help preserve NHRA's rich history and tradition while providing racing opportunities for those enthusiasts who enjoy nostalgia drag racing competition.

2011 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series Schedule*
Date Event Location Featured Classes

March 5-6 Arizona Fuel & Gas Nationals Speedworld Dragstrip Groups 1&2
Wittmann, Ariz.

March 18-20 March Meet Auto Club Famoso Raceway TF, FC,
Bakersfield, Calif. Group 2

April 16-17 Sportsman Shootout Auto Club Dragway Groups 1&2
Fontana, Calif.

April 29 – May 1 Napa Auto Parts Ignitor Firebird Raceway FC
Boise, Idaho

May 13-14 Nitro Night of Fire Sacramento Raceway TF
Sacramento, Calif.

May 28-29 Las Vegas Speed Spectacular The Strip at LVMS FC
Las
Vegas Groups 1&2

July 15-16 Fremont Reunion Sacramento Raceway Groups 1&2
Sacramento, Calif.

Aug. 11-14 Pepsi Nightfire Nationals Firebird Raceway TF, FC
Boise, Idaho

Oct. 21-23 California Hot Rod Reunion Auto Club Famoso Raceway TF, FC
Bakersfield, Calif. Group 1

2011 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series Affiliated Event

June 16-18 Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion Beech Bend Raceway Park
Bowling Green, Ky.

July 2-3 Geezers at the Grove Maple Grove Raceway
Reading, Pa.

* Schedule and categories subject to change

-30-

Wow. Lotta cool little races I can look forward to attending.

Group 1 will be sorely missed at the March Meet. I really love AA/Gas and 7.0 Pro. I hate that they will not be there.

The Fontana event will be the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. I'll have to split my time on that one.

NE1 will be sorely missed at the CHRR. Love that class.

There seems to be 2 schedules. One on the heritage site and 1 on nhra. They've got 2 different dates for the March Meet, also.

Don't worry Paublo, AA/GS and 7.0 Pro (along with Jr/F) will be there running in A/GS and NE1 respectfully.

Looks like we'll be doing our TnT in Phoenix two weeks before the MM. What's with the Sportsman finals in the middle of July?

NE1 and A/G will still be at the CHRR, just not running for points.

I guess I'll have to wait some more time for the Englishtown Nostalgia Summernationals and Funny Car Reunion to be added...

Well then again we may get Bunny Burkett if she can throw the nitro in the tank of her Corvette FC. I wonder what's the deal with the Boninfante stable of FC's I thought they were for sale.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back