New Driver for “McCain’s Bomb Squad” (1 Viewer)

Raconteur

Nitro Member
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 4, 2010 (Atascadero, California)

New Driver for “McCain’s Bomb Squad”

January 4, 2010 (Atascadero, California)
Mike McCain, owner of “McCain’s Bomb Squad” Nitro Funny Car announced today that Top Fuel pilot Troy Green would be taking over the seat of his 1973 Plymouth Duster for the 2010 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series.

Troy Green is no stranger to nostalgia nitro racing when he took over the driving job of the High Speed Motorsports Top Fueler in 2007, then went on to win the 2008 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Racing Series Top Fuel Championship. In addition to the Championship, Green won multiple Top Fuel titles at the National Hot Rod Reunion-Bowling Green, KY and was runner-up at the 2009 California Hot Rod Reunion and is a Member of the exclusive AA/FD 260 mph club.

In it’s first full season together, “McCain’s Bomb Squad” Nitro Funny Car qualified #1, running their first 5-second pass at Sacramento Raceway’s Funny Car Fever, #1 and runner-upped at Dragfest at Auto Club Famoso Raceway, the team also grabbed low-qualifier position at the Las Vegas Speed Spectacular and was #3 qualifier at the Nightfire Nationals at Boise’s Firebird Raceway.

Green commented, "I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to drive “McCain’s Bomb Squad” Funny Car this year. This crew has an excellent reputation and displays the kind of professionalism that is key to a successful operation in the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series."

"I have to thank Mike McCain and Don Nelson for giving me this opportunity. Driving a fuel funny car has been a long time dream of mine and now I will get to drive one of the best cars in the series!" stated Green.

Green added, "I want to thank High Speed Motorsports for the opportunity to drive a championship caliber car for the last three years. I must thank the team for all of the hard work and dedication put forth and wish them the best of luck in 2010 and beyond."

The 2010 NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series kicks off with the legendary 53rd March Meet on March 5-7 at the famed Auto Club Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, Calif where over forty Nitro Funny Cars are expected to compete for a slot in the first 32-car in over thirty years.

###

Wasn't she seen testing the Future Flash again? Not sure if it was true. If she is back in that seat, it begs the question....What is DT driving?

Good for Troy, I hope he has a good season in his new seat. Our paths have crossed a time or two here in OK and he sure seems to be a nice fellow.

What?! Wait! Forty nitro funny cars?! Oh lordy!
Who needs prescription meds when you can OD on F/C.

Last edited:
What IS the going rate for 10 square feet on a nostalgia flopper with a hot shoe nowadays anyway?

Good luck to ya Mendy and Donnie

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back