Driving Force, so...what did you think? (2 Viewers)

As I watched it I couldn't but wonder what Bazemore was thinking and remarks he was making as he watched it (of course thats assuming he did watch it)

From DRIVING FORCE...

Hello there, I am Brent Travers, one of the executive producers of DRIVING FORCE on A&E. I just wanted to thank you all for watching the show and for this incredible response on Nitromater! It's been amazing to see how much it is being discussed. I am going to be checking in quite a bit and try to address things and answer questions from time to time depending on the volume

Hello there, I am Brent Travers, one of the executive producers of DRIVING FORCE on A&E. I just wanted to thank you all for watching the show and for this incredible response on Nitromater! It's been amazing to see how much it is being discussed. I am going to be checking in quite a bit and try to address things and answer questions from time to time depending on the volume

Thanks for checking on us 'maters, Brent.

And good luck with the show. It's got our (most) interest, that's for sure.
Hopefully it will reach the non-drag racing crowd as well.

Welcome Brent. I know I will be a diehard fan of the show. Matter of fact, my wife was making fun of me last night b/c I watched the 2 reruns after watching Monday and Tuesday night as well. What can I say. Its just funny and good entertainment to me. Good luck on the show. I hope it continues to do well.

Justin

Thanks for checking on us 'maters, Brent.

And good luck with the show. It's got our (most) interest, that's for sure.
Hopefully it will reach the non-drag racing crowd as well.

Well, we certainly hope so! It certainly was the DRIVING FORCE behind John's decision to agree to do the show...he really saw this as an opportunity to grow the sport and make as many people aware of the NHRA Powerade Series..and from the looks of it, we have been able to tap in a whole new audience to the sport and peak their interest...let's continue to do so and I can't think of a better entry point than John and his family...thanks for watching.

Welcome Brent. I know I will be a diehard fan of the show. Matter of fact, my wife was making fun of me last night b/c I watched the 2 reruns after watching Monday and Tuesday night as well. What can I say. Its just funny and good entertainment to me. Good luck on the show. I hope it continues to do well.

Justin

Justin, that's great! We are all very proud of the show and I think that if people continue to watch, they will only become more hooked to it. It only gets better and in to deeper issues with a balance of comedy and racing...spread the word!

Welcome Brent and thanks for your efforts!

Thanks Kelly, we are just so happy that you all, the real race fans, have been so receptive to it. The response has been unbelieveable and I must tell you, it means a lot to the Forces that you all took to the show so much. They have really opened up their lives...the good and the bad at times and it's rewarding for them to know that you are enjoying the show...stay tuned for more!
brent

Welcome in the The Mater Brent.
I think a lot of us drag racing fans will tune in just because of John. My daughter watched a few minutes and was very interested in the girls. She plans on watching what she missed later (TiVo). I would think that is the hope. That non-racing people watch for the dynamics. My daughter could care less about drag racing (where did I go wrong?) but seemed to like what she saw.

Good luck!!!!!

Welcome in the The Mater Brent.
I think a lot of us drag racing fans will tune in just because of John. My daughter watched a few minutes and was very interested in the girls. She plans on watching what she missed later (TiVo). I would think that is the hope. That non-racing people watch for the dynamics. My daughter could care less about drag racing (where did I go wrong?) but seemed to like what she saw.

Good luck!!!!!
Jay, well we were hoping (and counting on!) that the race fans would watch because of the Forces and that the non race fans would be drawn in by the family (via Ashley, Brittany and Courtney) and curiousity for the sport. It's interesting, as I read some of the posts, many of you here on Nitromater are really picking up on the family dynamics whilst a lot of the non-race fans are becoming interested in the racing as well! This is certainly our hope, to get people on both sides excited about what they didn't know before...an insight into John and his family and the world of drag racing. I hope your daughter likes what she sees! Thanks for watching, Brent.

Last edited:

Welcome aboard, Brent.....The show is great....:D

Jay, well we were hoping (and counting on!) that the race fans would watch because of the Forces and that the non race fans would be drawn in by the family (via Ashley, Brittany and Courtney) and curiousity for the sport. It's interesting, as I read some of the posts, many of you here on Nitromater are really picking up on the family dynamics whilst a lot of the non-race fans are becoming interested in the racing as well! This is certainly our hope, to get people on both sides excited about what they didn't know before...an insight into John and his family and the world of drag racing. I hope your daughter likes what she sees! Thanks for watching, Brent.

brent...it was a very hart felt moment to see jhon and his family. a lot of us only know the man on tv at the races. you have to feel for the whole family as jhon trys to grow up. i will watch every one and will you put i my resovation for the dvd? mikey

Thanks Kelly, we are just so happy that you all, the real race fans, have been so receptive to it. The response has been unbelieveable and I must tell you, it means a lot to the Forces that you all took to the show so much. They have really opened up their lives...the good and the bad at times and it's rewarding for them to know that you are enjoying the show...stay tuned for more!
brent
Great! I guess you can tell that although most of us are fans of a particular driver or team ;) we still love the sport in general and all the drivers....well, most of them in my case. We're just one big happy family. John was the first driver I ever met at the track and he is a nut! My kind of people! :D

brent...it was a very hart felt moment to see jhon and his family. a lot of us only know the man on tv at the races. you have to feel for the whole family as jhon trys to grow up. i will watch every one and will you put i my resovation for the dvd? mikey
thanks for watching Mikey...tune in next week when you get to see an insight of where John came from, you will surely be blown away, it's one of my favorite episodes. and let's keep our fingers crossed, if people continue to enjoy and spread the word, there will be more to come and dvd's!

Great! I guess you can tell that although most of us are fans of a particular driver or team ;) we still love the sport in general and all the drivers....well, most of them in my case. We're just one big happy family. John was the first driver I ever met at the track and he is a nut! My kind of people! :D
Kelly:
We've loved being at the races and enjoy the fan loyalty to their drivers and especially NHRA Drag Racing...it's definitely a family environment and we hope to make that point to people who have never been exposed to it before...John is definitely 'unique' but he's really a great guy with heaps of integrity and loyalty and certainly loves his fans.

After seeing some of the Previews online I was Disappointed yet Happy. In some of the previews it shows the girls zipping up their firesuits with only like a red bra underneath... I was expecting to see more of the sexuality displayed. <That was the disappointed part. (yes I'm a guy and I love beautiful women!!) But I'm glad to see the girls haven't been exploited in that way for ratings!!!! <That was the happy part!

My only real complaint is the dubbing of sounds and some of the shots jumping from track to track.. YES I know only Racing People would catch those!! It's like the show "On the Right Track" the Erica Enders movie. I watched it an said "hey that isn't right" but it was a good show!!! DRIVING FORCE is an EXCELLENT show as well. Keep up the good work!!

After seeing some of the Previews online I was Disappointed yet Happy. In some of the previews it shows the girls zipping up their firesuits with only like a red bra underneath... I was expecting to see more of the sexuality displayed. <That was the disappointed part. (yes I'm a guy and I love beautiful women!!) But I'm glad to see the girls haven't been exploited in that way for ratings!!!! <That was the happy part!

My only real complaint is the dubbing of sounds and some of the shots jumping from track to track.. YES I know only Racing People would catch those!! It's like the show "On the Right Track" the Erica Enders movie. I watched it an said "hey that isn't right" but it was a good show!!! DRIVING FORCE is an EXCELLENT show as well. Keep up the good work!!
Jon:
Well, I can appreciate you wanting to see the girls, they are beautiful and just as nice (Ashley, Britt and Courtney, this will be the only time I say this!)..a real pleasure to work and spend time with. We are aware of some of the technical inconsistencies with the show both in terms of locations and sounds...we are trying our best to strike the balance between accuracy and getting the story across and will continue to try and improve on both.
We want all of you race fans to know that we know it's critically important to be true to the sport but sometimes we have to put in a sound or a visual to help tell the story that's unfolding. but trust me, we really do work hard to be as accurate as possible and it's both John's and the NHRA's position that we stay true to the sport.
please keep in mind, that if we can convert the non-race fan viewer to start tuning in to watch the NHRA Powerade series, that's great for everyone!
Thanks for watching and your supportive words!
Brent

Seemed pretty much like my family as I was/am growing up. My father built a couple multi million dollar fishing rod companies when i was growing up. Most of the time he was gone on the road and my mother raised us. Right, wrong or indifferent, he was doing the best he could to follow his dreams and make a living to support his family. We had our struggles like any other family, but my father even being gone was more of a dad than some of my friends that have a family and act like they don't. It took me a few years to understand that you can be a father and live at home with the family and not be involved with your kids... or you can be a dad and be gone alot of the time, yet still be involved with them when you can. Give John credit for trying his hardest to re-connect and say I'm sorry for not being like a normal dad. But then again I'm pretty sure that most of the normal dad's that the girls know haven't built the opportunities for their kids that John has. So like what John has created, I thank my father for the opportunities he has created for us and I just want to do that for my kids.

I'm getting in the game late, as I watched it on my DVR last night (damn 2nd shift job). Anyway, I thought it was good. It was kind of hard (if that's the right word) to see this man we all know as "the man", be less than perfect in "our" world, when he can be nothing but perfect in the drag racing world. It's probably alot different for us race fans to watch it than the average TV watcher. I liked the show, I'll continue to watch it. The only thing that really seemed to bug me, was when they would show Ashley run, and then the in-car views were from other cars. I would've thought they'd have had a camera on the car. Small I know, but hey, I'm a race fan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back