Driving Force, so...what did you think? (1 Viewer)

Brent Travers

Welcome to the mater. I'm curious if the ratings are out yet to see where the show stacked up against the other cable shows for that night.

Brent Travers

Welcome to the mater. I'm curious if the ratings are out yet to see where the show stacked up against the other cable shows for that night.

PJ:

EXCELLENT NEWS! The following is from DAILY VARIETY, the entertainment industry's daily newspaper...the equivalent to National Dragster but comes out every day. And here's what was published yesterday...keep in mind that this is a huge achievement and means that so many new eyes have seen NHRA racing! The biggest since Dog 2 years ago!!

"Premiere of Lifetime's crime drama "Angela's Kyes" arrested a modest
crowd
Sunday, while A&E's new reality series "Driving Force" drove off with a
solid showing Monday.

A&E's "Driving Force," about a family of racecar drivers, drew 1.8
million
total viewers (0.9/3, 18-49) Monday, making the 9 p.m. episode the
most-watched series preem for A&E since the 2004 debut of "Dog the
bounty
Hunter." A rerun at 9:30 drew another 1.5 million. "

How you can support the show!

In addition to Nitromater, please be sure to check out the following two links...the network is monitoring the comments and the web traffic and it really helps to support the show and the sport as a whole...and they are great sites! I will try and check in as often as possible to answer questions, give you hints and the like...thanks for all of your support and remember, Monday nights at 9pm eastern and pacific and 8pm central only on A&E.

A&E's site for the show:
http://www.aetv.com/drivingforce/

and on MySpace:
http://myspace.com/drivingforce

PJ:

EXCELLENT NEWS! The following is from DAILY VARIETY, the entertainment industry's daily newspaper...the equivalent to National Dragster but comes out every day. And here's what was published yesterday...keep in mind that this is a huge achievement and means that so many new eyes have seen NHRA racing! The biggest since Dog 2 years ago!!

"Premiere of Lifetime's crime drama "Angela's Kyes" arrested a modest
crowd
Sunday, while A&E's new reality series "Driving Force" drove off with a
solid showing Monday.

A&E's "Driving Force," about a family of racecar drivers, drew 1.8
million
total viewers (0.9/3, 18-49) Monday, making the 9 p.m. episode the
most-watched series preem for A&E since the 2004 debut of "Dog the
bounty
Hunter." A rerun at 9:30 drew another 1.5 million. "

The numbers look good but how does that compare to other shows in the same time slot. I realize network tv can cable don't match up as well as trying to compare it to ongoing ratings powerhouses like wwe. But where did they land for Monday night?

The numbers look good but how does that compare to other shows in the same time slot. I realize network tv can cable don't match up as well as trying to compare it to ongoing ratings powerhouses like wwe. But where did they land for Monday night?

I honestly don't have all of that information as of yet but the good news is that it was a tremendous success for the network, surpassing their expectations and garnering a huge # for them respectively that night. This luckily turned out to be a great time of year to launch and we hope that we continue to attract more viewers as they learn of the show so please spread the word and i will keep you posted on more information.
Brent

Boy, I don't know, 1.8 million people works out to 3.6 million eyeballs, give or take a few hundred. Them's a lot of eyeballs in my opinion, especially if you figure that some of them have never seen drag racing before, and perhaps might be intrigued enough to try our beloved sport out for a first time look see.

By the way, welcome to the Mater Brent. A question for you: Before you began the production of this show, had you ever been to an NHRA major event before? If not, what did you think when you heard a nitro motor "up close and personal" for the first time? We old timers always get a kick out of first timers reactions.

Boy, I don't know, 1.8 million people works out to 3.6 million eyeballs, give or take a few hundred. Them's a lot of eyeballs in my opinion, especially if you figure that some of them have never seen drag racing before, and perhaps might be intrigued enough to try our beloved sport out for a first time look see.

By the way, welcome to the Mater Brent. A question for you: Before you began the production of this show, had you ever been to an NHRA major event before? If not, what did you think when you heard a nitro motor "up close and personal" for the first time? We old timers always get a kick out of first timers reactions.
Thanks for the warm welcome David and everyone, it's good to be here..
To answer your question, let me first give you a little background on me and maybe a little bit of a story on how DRIVING FORCE came to be...i can always expand on it later if people are interested...
I grew up in the San Fernando Valley here in Southern California where my brother would tear up and rebuild any car he could get his hands on...I am 10 years younger then him but admired him and he would take me to all sorts of races, including the NHRA Winternationals when I was a young lad. The local high school which I later attended, Cleveland High School in Reseda California at the time held the nations only high school auto show and none other than John Force made an appearance along with his Funny Car sponsored by Jolly Rancher...so I never knew that my fate would collide (head on at times) with none other than the man who has come to define the sport, John Force and his amazing family. In truth, it wasn't until October of 2004 when we undertook working together to see if we could make a show that I had been back to an NHRA event, this time in Las Vegas...John, his family and crew were welcoming and put me right in the pit and I stood next to his funny car for the first warm-up...keep in mind, I had forgotten how powerful these things were and a lot had changed in almost 20 years...well, let's just say that having my eyes swollen shut and snot covering my shirt taught me a lesson and now I use the same situation to initiate newcomers on the crew and even did it to the top executive at A&E!! It could have gone horribly but the next day he ordered more episodes because he thought it was BITCHIN!....so there's a little bit of me before I became one of them "Hollywood" types....Brent
Oh and ONE last thing...John told me that if I was going to do a show about him and understand what this all meant and so I was sent to Frank Hawley's School and taught by none other than SuperComp Champ Fast Jack Beckman where I received my license! He's a great guy and his crew of Bobby and Tom are the coolest...

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome David and everyone, it's good to be here..
To answer your question, let me first give you a little background on me and maybe a little bit of a story on how DRIVING FORCE came to be...i can always expand on it later if people are interested...
I grew up in the San Fernando Valley here in Southern California where my brother would tear up and rebuild any car he could get his hands on...I am 10 years younger then him but admired him and he would take me to all sorts of races, including the NHRA Winternationals when I was a young lad. The local high school which I later attended, Cleveland High School in Reseda California at the time held the nations only high school auto show and none other than John Force made an appearance along with his Funny Car sponsored by Jolly Rancher...so I never knew that my fate would collide (head on at times) with none other than the man who has come to define the sport, John Force and his amazing family. In truth, it wasn't until October of 2004 when we undertook working together to see if we could make a show that I had been back to an NHRA event, this time in Las Vegas...John, his family and crew were welcoming and put me right in the pit and I stood next to his funny car for the first warm-up...keep in mind, I had forgotten how powerful these things were and a lot had changed in almost 20 years...well, let's just say that having my eyes swollen shut and snot covering my shirt taught me a lesson and now I use the same situation to initiate newcomers on the crew and even did it to the top executive at A&E!! It could have gone horribly but the next day he ordered more episodes because he thought it was BITCHIN!....so there's a little bit of me before I became one of them "Hollywood" types....Brent
Oh and ONE last thing...John told me that if I was going to do a show about him and understand what this all meant and so I was sent to Frank Hawley's School and taught by none other than SuperComp Champ Fast Jack Beckman where I received my license! He's a great guy and his crew of Bobby and Tom are the coolest...

Expand away Brent! That's a great story. Would love to hear more.

will do, ask away if you have specific questions! I actually have been working from my home office this morning after having become ADDICTED to NITROMATER!! This thing is DEADLY!! I have to run to the editing offices now as we are still working on future episodes and gearing up to shoot next week in Sonoma! More later but ask away and I will answer what I can....take care!
Brent

will do, ask away if you have specific questions! I actually have been working from my home office this morning after having become ADDICTED to NITROMATER!! This thing is DEADLY!! I have to run to the editing offices now as we are still working on future episodes and gearing up to shoot next week in Sonoma! More later but ask away and I will answer what I can....take care! And be sure to visit the web links below!
Brent

will do, ask away if you have specific questions! I actually have been working from my home office this morning after having become ADDICTED to NITROMATER!! This thing is DEADLY!! I have to run to the editing offices now as we are still working on future episodes and gearing up to shoot next week in Sonoma! More later but ask away and I will answer what I can....take care! And be sure to visit the web links below!
Brent

We're glad you like it here Brent, and hope you will continue to give us some more of the background of how this show came about.

Were you ready for John to drop his pants when he spilled the beer or was that part of the plan?

We're glad you like it here Brent, and hope you will continue to give us some more of the background of how this show came about.

Were you ready for John to drop his pants when he spilled the beer or was that part of the plan?
ok, one last posting! it was completely his own accident, he really knocked it over and NOBODY was expecting him to drop his drawers! John is predictably unpredictable!

It's not the first time John has dropped his pants on national TV. Everyone remember the time he was accused of hiding a traction control device under his driving suit??? He shucked the thing right there in front of God, Steve Evans and everyone. Steve was begging him not to. "John, please, put the suit back on."

Ask John about that the next time you talk to him. :D

Then again, mebbe not. He might still be ticked about it. :eek:
Edit: That was back in the Diamond P days.

Thems were good days.......

Last edited:

From the network...

From 9PM-10PM, Driving Force placed A&E as the #2 cable network (On the night of its premiere) with Men 18-34 and M18-49 impressions.(behind only USA-Wrestling)

So, considering that there's dozens and dozens of cable networks out there this is HUUUGE!

Brent,

Welcome to the mater and thanks for your input.

Congratulations too on the great numbers and excitement created by Driving Force.

Onward and upward!

From the network...

From 9PM-10PM, Driving Force placed A&E as the #2 cable network (On the night of its premiere) with Men 18-34 and M18-49 impressions.(behind only USA-Wrestling)

So, considering that there's dozens and dozens of cable networks out there this is HUUUGE!

WOW!!!! Congrats that is a huge accomplishment

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back