Driving Force, so...what did you think? (2 Viewers)

Last night I called a gal I've known for 30 years who is a Huge JF fan. I reminded her that the new JF reality show was on(Repeat), she said thanks and would call me back. She called me after a couple of commercial breaks and said "He's going to lose some fans I think, I didn't realize he could be such an Ass!" She called again after the second show and said she's willing to watch a few more episodes to make a Fair assumption. But still Maintained she never realized he was such a Hot-head! I bet a LOT of viewers had that opinion!:rolleyes:

Yikes! :eek: It didn't come as a surprise to me after seeing/hearing some of his top end interviews. What you see is what you get with that guy I think. ;)

Did anyone happen to record the first episode to DVD? I don't have a VCR so VHS is no good.

I am happy to cover shipping expenses, and can return it when I am finished if needed.

PM me!

Thanks!

Did anyone happen to record the first episode to DVD? I don't have a VCR so VHS is no good.

I am happy to cover shipping expenses, and can return it when I am finished if needed.

PM me!

Thanks!
Well, we're trying to work out some issues my Mom is having with her DVD recorder. It's just sitting there on DVR WAITING to be burned.....I'll keep you posted. :D

Hears my take on the show.
He has sacrificed a lot maybe to much to win those championships.
His dream isn't his daughter’s dreams it's almost like he is pressuring them to make it their dream.
I felt bad for Ashley she seemed very upset in that one segment.
His wife deserves a lot of the credit for raising their daughters they seem like good kids.
I was blown away that he doesn't even live with his family that's beyond dysfunctional that is separated if you ask me with joint custody.
I don't know John Force personally but he has a lot to learn and at the end of the show I thought he was until that toe ring incident happened.
I hope by the end of this series he gets it! I'm betting he will because he does care or he wouldn’t be trying.
I'm still like Force and now I know what he gave up to be on top basically everything!

My Take

I finally was able to watch the 1st 2 episodes and my take is that it's quite an entertaining show. Sure, the over-dubbed sound effects were cheesy as all heck, but it was compelling nonetheless. Very interesting that he lives alone - there must be a story there but I'm sure we'll never hear it (not that we need to know). I don't see it so much as a racing show, but a show about a man trying to get his kids to show some interest in continuing the family business. My opinion of JF hasn't changed - I like him and his accomplishments on the track and this show has (thus far) shown that he is all too human off the track.

I just talked to 2 friends of mine that know I am a drag racing fan. They asked if I knew about the show and I said Yes, why. They said, "Well we both watched the show Monday night, and again last night for the most part, and now we know why you are such a fan of his. The guy is hilarious. The next time he is in town, you need to let us know b/c we want to go to the races." I was taken back. These are 2 guys that I play golf with all the time and would never think about giving up a Saturday except for their wife or kids. Everytime I have tried to get them to go, I have been told, "Naw man, that stuff aint for us." So it looks like we have atleast 2 more fans.

I just talked to 2 friends of mine that know I am a drag racing fan. They asked if I knew about the show and I said Yes, why. They said, "Well we both watched the show Monday night, and again last night for the most part, and now we know why you are such a fan of his. The guy is hilarious. The next time he is in town, you need to let us know b/c we want to go to the races." I was taken back. These are 2 guys that I play golf with all the time and would never think about giving up a Saturday except for their wife or kids. Everytime I have tried to get them to go, I have been told, "Naw man, that stuff aint for us." So it looks like we have atleast 2 more fans.

I guess we'll know the show's effect if there are Hords of Fans around the Force pit! I remember about 5 years ago when WWF sponsored Toliver. They announced that Stone cold Steve Austin would be at the track in E-town. The WWF pits was a Riot I was told, Tons of fans waiting to see Austin

You should've seen the 'Undertaker "

when he was with Tolliver at Bristol a few years .He is a big man ! fans were going nuts..:eek:

I really enjoyed the show....good stuff, can't wait until next Monday!!
Being as my kiddos are huge Force fans....

We can laugh it off as John being John, or we should know that’s the kinda guy he is by watching his at top-end interviews, but as long as someone is doing something, and that someone is doing their something in the public arena, and that someone is doing it on someone else’s dime…AKA, has sponsors; that someone is representing those sponsors.

I am not saying it should, nor saying it will, but what would/could/might be the repercussions to JFR if say, the head of the National Teachers Union sent a letter to all their members, mentioning the teacher remark, and urge said members to look at someone other than Ford if they were in the market for a vehicle. Or the Southern Baptist Association, or the Catholic church asking their members to write Castrol about the language.

Look, I like Force. I am not really one of his fans, but face it. he is an icon of this sport. He is to Drag Racing in the 1990’s and 2000’s as what Garlits was to the sport in the 60’s and 70’s..and whether he likes it or not…..when he is in public, he is in public. He is not a private person in public, he gave that up when he chose to represent his clients….face it, he is a marketing tool for the sponsor..

I doubt you would ever see Dixon drinking a Bud in public, or Bernstein with a Miller Lite in his hand, or Don Schumacher checking out paint chips at the local Sherwin Williams store.

Not slamming or bashing John, but I think he should re-examine what is going to be shown on the air…it would be for his own benefit.

Just my opinion

I don't have an issue with John being who he is. He doesn't hide behind anything..and I respect him for that.

I believe Ford/Castrol/AAA are pleased with John's effort..and I don't think any big reps for these companies are looking at his A&E show being worried about what anyone thinks. You don't hear any swearing..it's bleeped out.

Just because John is in the public's eye..doesn't mean he needs to change who he is.

This show is exposing his turmoil in his lost years of not being there..and basically trying to make up for it.

I don't have an issue with John being who he is. He doesn't hide behind anything..and I respect him for that.

I believe Ford/Castrol/AAA are pleased with John's effort..and I don't think any big reps for these companies are looking at his A&E show being worried about what anyone thinks. You don't hear any swearing..it's bleeped out.

Just because John is in the public's eye..doesn't mean he needs to change who he is.

This show is exposing his turmoil in his lost years of not being there..and basically trying to make up for it.

Exactly!! ;)

I don't think the show as a whole has very much "sponsor push" at all if you ask me. Have you seen him mention or push them very hard? Kinda hard for non-racer viewers to associate him with Ford/Castrol/etc. when they aren't led to understand exactly the role they play in his organization. That might change in later episodes, but for now, as far as they know, Castrol might be on everyone's racing suit & Ford just might happen to be the make he chose to drive.

I loved the part where they show John sitting on his scooter praying and he says to God (or to whomever he prays), "I'll do something nice for you, I promise." :D

I am sick of all the people griping about his language. Give me a break. You can turn on any single station on the tv and hear it. You cant even go to the movies half the time without being blindsided by the language. Its our society now. Its common place nowadays. Go out in public and listen, you will hear it all around you. I am not condoning it, or saying its alright in my book, but I dont see why everyone is coming down on him so bad. There are familys out there that have way more problems than him. Atleast he is trying to make up for it. Granted yes he could listen better but couldnt we all. Some people just have different personalities. Whether they be better or worse. As for sponsors, if you think Castrol would drop him, you got another thing coming.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back