Finally....A Driving Force I enjoyed! (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Did anyone catch this week's Driving Force? I thought it was the best one yet. iI showed Ashley dealing with an article in National Dragster and how it affected her (though they should have explained who Steve Torrence was to the non-racing audience). I thought it was a great behind-the-scene on how drivers deal with factors that we might not even think of that occur. I thought this was very interesting to watch.

I've watched the other episodes to support drag racing, but all the prom episodes, blind dates, etc., have been very boring to me.

Also, don't EVEN get me started about when they show racing coverage and they have pictures from like 5 different venues all at once. Plus it isn't done chronologically because they showed the Englishtown/NYC episode before the Capps/Topeka episode. That gets my goat all the time!

But this particular episode about drivers dealing with all their promotional duties and criticisms and then driving the car, well I thought it was a lot more engaging than anything else I've seen on this show so far.

I could'nt agree more Billy with EVERTHING you said...
The Show that followed with Ash getting her F/C license is my fav. though... Give it time, they are retooling sound and hopefully the 5 track deal along with same shot from 2 episodes ago deal... How do you capture everything that goes on in the real world of Drag Racing unless you LIVE it... A&E just wants to sell shows, not be accurate at all... My opinion only... But it does rot my apple as well... Remember to breath every once in a while Bro!!
This will be moved soon you know??? this Thread!!:eek:

It was a good episode. I laugh everytime they show race footage as the sound is crazy, plus reshowing the same footage. however when the show came out they said it wasn't a show about drag racing but about the girls and a dad who happen to race. I've been surprised that there has been as much racing and at the track content.

I like it.

They play on the same day or next morning depending on how you look at it.... But the second show on mondays has been a repeat of a past show... Get it? Got it? Good... I hope anyway... What is football anyway??? Is that where they run and jump a stationary object while carrying a ball of some sort???;) :D :eek:
ON DEMAND? Really???

I enjoy all of them (episodes )

Its just so cool to see John in a diffent light.My wife keeps telling me the ladies are mean to him...:(

Its just so cool to see John in a diffent light.My wife keeps telling me the ladies are mean to him...:(

Mean to him? That "wife" of his is just plain mean. Every time JF asks (or says) something, she gets an ugly, disgusted look on her face and says something snotty. Then again, it is a television "reality" show. Who knows what is real and what isn't

Mean to him? That "wife" of his is just plain mean. Every time JF asks (or says) something, she gets an ugly, disgusted look on her face and says something snotty. Then again, it is a television "reality" show. Who knows what is real and what isn't

And for sure we don't know what the years were like for her when they were living together. I wouldn't rush to judge anyone from a TV show.

Did anyone catch this week's Driving Force? I thought it was the best one yet. iI showed Ashley dealing with an article in National Dragster and how it affected her (though they should have explained who Steve Torrence was to the non-racing audience). I thought it was a great behind-the-scene on how drivers deal with factors that we might not even think of that occur. I thought this was very interesting to watch.

I've watched the other episodes to support drag racing, but all the prom episodes, blind dates, etc., have been very boring to me.

Also, don't EVEN get me started about when they show racing coverage and they have pictures from like 5 different venues all at once. Plus it isn't done chronologically because they showed the Englishtown/NYC episode before the Capps/Topeka episode. That gets my goat all the time!

But this particular episode about drivers dealing with all their promotional duties and criticisms and then driving the car, well I thought it was a lot more engaging than anything else I've seen on this show so far.

Folks seem to keep forgetting that this show is NOT about drag racing. It's about the Force family. So, proms, dates and the rest of it, are what the show is mostly about. The kids and how John does & doesn't relate to them. Same with Laurie. The drag racing stuff is just there because it's what they do. This is a story about a family and how the father's obsession with his profession and his legacy has influenced and is still influencing, his family.

Gotta keep things in perspective

Speaking of the "wife" my girlfriend sez she's had so many plastic surgeries that she can't change her expression. Not being an expert on this anyone else want to chime in?

Folks seem to keep forgetting that this show is NOT about drag racing. It's about the Force family. So, proms, dates and the rest of it, are what the show is mostly about. The kids and how John does & doesn't relate to them. Same with Laurie. The drag racing stuff is just there because it's what they do. This is a story about a family and how the father's obsession with his profession and his legacy has influenced and is still influencing, his family.

Gotta keep things in perspective

I knew going in it wasn't going to be about drag racing. I have merely been watching it as a courtesy to support drag racing. I haven't really enjoyed it that much. The only reality show I like to watch is The Amazing Race. other than that, give me something fictional like Desperate Housewives. I don't like to see people's REAL dirty laundry aired around. Anyway, back to the point, I was just saying I actually liked this episode. I never had any expectation that it was going to be about drag racing specifically. I read the previews.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back