PS motorcycles get the shaft. (1 Viewer)

Mikey

Nitro Member
Grant it I like watching the fuel cars compared to the rest, but man did they get the shaft on coverage this weekend. I think the might have gotten a min on the qualifying show and then Matt just got cut off in the finals. I know there was weather coming, but damn. It took a half hour each to show first rounds of each fuel classes and they got ps and psm done in 15 minutes. Man I miss the TNN Calvalcade of stars shows!!!!!!!

Also. not enough time was devoted to the back-up gals of Diehl and Bode. Where's the super slo-mo when you want it?:D

Grant it I like watching the fuel cars compared to the rest, but man did they get the shaft on coverage this weekend. I think the might have gotten a min on the qualifying show and then Matt just got cut off in the finals. I know there was weather coming, but damn. It took a half hour each to show first rounds of each fuel classes and they got ps and psm done in 15 minutes. Man I miss the TNN Calvalcade of stars shows!!!!!!!

sadly NHRA will always be in bed with ESPN, just like the Jets will always be in bed with the Giants in Football.

I agree the bikes were short-changed. Did I miss something or was the first time they talked to Wilk was after he WON his semi-final round. If you are not one of the "BIG" teams, your time is really limited. Hey I like Hagan, but do I need to see him on the farm every week.......also liked Capps comment about being distracted!

ESPN's Norwalk show reverted back to the bad habits it tried so valiantly to shake. Phony controversy between Ashley and the old man. More shots of Laurie than the Bode and Diehl backup girls.(would Force have the old lady go Jungle Pam for more TV time?) Tech segments too small and hastily produced. Basically a numbing sameness to the show.

I have nothing bad to say about the television coverage of NHRA dragracing. I remember back when we only saw a couple of races a year and they were shown several weeks after the race actually took place. And that awful music they played constantly drove me nuts. :)

God bless NHRA and ESPN.

You nailed it, Larry! I come from those days too and appreciate being able to see racing on a near weekly basis. There are certainly parts that I would do differently every week but guess what: I'm not in charge and they can't make everyone happy all the time so there's not much point in throwing ourselves on the floor and pounding our fists every show is there?

It was total bull****! They didn't even play Matthew's interview when he won... Nor did they really even show the PSM final round, cause they were too busy talking to the losers from the other finals! Ridiculous!!! How the hell do they expect bikes to keep sponsorship when they don't even show them on tv.:mad:

It was total bull****! They didn't even play Matthew's interview when he won... Nor did they really even show the PSM final round, cause they were too busy talking to the losers from the other finals! Ridiculous!!! How the hell do they expect bikes to keep sponsorship when they don't even show them on tv.:mad:

Its called the John Force racing show,they didnt have time becasue all the force interviews.

Silly me!!!

Here I thought the teams were getting ready to move away from using chains and sprockets.........

:eek::)

How the hell do they expect bikes to keep sponsorship when they don't even show them on tv.:mad:

That is something that the coverage really misses the boat on. Even when they show the cars or bikes, it is like they intentionally leave out the sponsor signage! NHRA should insist they highlight the sponsors when they televise. As we keep hearing, we (NHRA) have to pay for coverage, we might as well get what we want and need...............

Working in a middle school, you quickly discover that the kids who get all of the teacher's attention are those who are constantly in the teacher's face. I guess I am not seeing much difference between televising races and middle school. BTW-I don't care if that particular oil company sponsored JFR for 25 years. I bought Mobil One for my race car today.

Also. not enough time was devoted to the back-up gals of Diehl and Bode. Where's the super slo-mo when you want it?:D[/QUOTE]

X2........:D

I also appreciate the timely shows, but it would be nice to see a little more coverage of the bikes and pro stock. After all, is it not the Pro show?

Thank God for DVR. Although I have to record at least an extra half hour, I can fast forward through the SOS we have to endure week after week.

Michael

I agree that the motorcycle class got shafted.... I don't care who wins each class ( of the 4 pros) that person should get a winning interview..... Said to say it but ESPN did not do there job.... Shame on whoever is in charge of making the calls on the show.... Matt Smith

sad when John's scooter can get more tv time then the entire class

i can understand if it were a live show but its recorded, so why not edit out a minute of the previous 3 hours and put in smith's winning interview!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back