Peggy Llewellyn (1 Viewer)

Gutter Brain

Nitro Member
I just saw on ESPN's Sportscenter this morning a great piece on Peggy. It was their Breaking Barriers segment. Very nice job.
Did anybody else see this? I think there will be another Sportscenter starting in a few minutes too. This was on about 45 minutes into the show.

i saw it too Eric....it was a great piece....good for the sport and for Peggy

i really feel bad for peggy, who came across as a genuinely nice lady. its a shame her dream was snatched away from her so quickly and i'm still not sure, to this this day, why she lost her ride ! I have not read any explanation why she was let go, so i figure it was either because of cash or she just fell victim to the "good ol' boy" scenario :(

I was there when they filmed the segment at the track. Miss it on TV though.

This is a pilot show that if enough ratings come in, they'll do more.

Let's hope for the best that we get more and more coverage :)

Nancy

Good job espn and Peggy

I was shocked this morning while watching sportscenter they did a segment on Peggy.

ESPN - Llewellyn's road to history: a quarter-mile at 190 mph

At the end of sportscenter they also mentioned and did a quick ad (I think it was in the what the watch segment) they mentioned the qualifying and finals coverage.

2 spots in one show, good job espn

That's a great piece on Peggy, as are the others in the series. Not mentioned in the piece on Willie O'Ree is the fact that he played for the Boston Bruins a year before the Boston Red Sox had an African-American on their team. The Red Sox were the last team in the majors to integrate-they gave Jackie Robinson a tryout before he signed with the Dodgers and according to eyewitnesses at the tryout, was quite impressive, but they said he wasn't good enough. I love the Red Sox, but their history in the fifties in terms of being fair to African-Americans is pretty disgusting.

Is she going to be riding with Redell Harris this year? At the end of the video there are shots of Peggy in front of Redell's trailer with No Limit clothing leathers on?

I have yet to hear an answer or a thought does Peggy have a ride in 2008?

at the end of the segment they mention that she is working on sponsorship for this season and plans to be at the season opening event (gators)

Is she going to be riding with Redell Harris this year? At the end of the video there are shots of Peggy in front of Redell's trailer with No Limit clothing leathers on?
Just saw this, real interesting. The bike she's sitting on at the very end of the video is Redells Suzuki from 2006 not one of the Buells for 2008 but I'd assume that shot is as recent as the whole video and the connection is intriguing.

AFAIK, Redell has not announced a rider for the second Buell (as of a Redell Racing press release jan 24, 2008), I really hope she gets a ride this year.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

I said in a previous thread that I'd watched Peggy at Vegas and Pomona and been really impressed by how she conducted herself with the fans -- a sponsor's delight, I'd say. Plus, she rides a pretty mean bike.
If no NHRA ride this year, maybe PiPPi can engineer some deal for her to come and ride in Europe (??!!).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back