Del to drive AJ Funny Car (1 Viewer)

I'm very happy to see Del will be racing next season. My only regret is that his team is parked, so we're losing a team/gaining a new one.

just got home from work, logged into the audiocast... listened to cruz and jack run, then check NHRA home page... still looking for my jaw, think it's somewhere under my desk... I too was wrong... wonder if Bob is going also to do AJ's PR Work?:eek:

Like Timmah, I was thinking No Way In ......:eek:

Congrats to Del.

You guys keeping the bowling alley?:confused:

d'kid

I'm very happy to see Del will be racing next season. My only regret is that his team is parked, so we're losing a team/gaining a new one.

Who say's that Chuck and the rest of the team won't find funding and come out with a new driver for the car??? Perhaps somebody who builds cars for them... Like Grant Downing??? I don't know anything, or speculating, but Don't put the nail on the coffin of the Worsham team yet....

Just read the CSK Team blog by Bob... look for more later tonight or by morning.

Hum... A complete turn key in house chassis dept? Has Grant ever built a Pipe Rack?

d'kid

Chuck and Del also run the Blue Max nostalgia funny car as well. If nothing comes of the pro series for Chuck, look for him at NHRA Heritage events- which should be damn cool next year after sorting out the hiccups of this year. And they run a whole 1/4 mile as well.

With Wilber looking for work, its probably over unfortunately.
I had a blast. Imagine Chuck and Del. Father/Son
Its nice to see this happen for Del and his entire Family.

Chuck runs NFC and the alley lights stay on.

win-win-win

:D

Last edited:
Chuck and Del also run the Blue Max nostalgia funny car as well. If nothing comes of the pro series for Chuck, look for him at NHRA Heritage events- which should be damn cool next year after sorting out the hiccups of this year. And they run a whole 1/4 mile as well.

I think I saw the nostalgia FC for sale with the entire operation in National Dragster. I think Chuck is packing up and calling it the day. Good for him if that is what he chooses to do. I see Wilber is looking for work based on what I read over at Dragracingonline.

I think this is just a classic example of the state the economy is in right now. I too will be sad to see the Worsham operation shuddered.

WOW!
Hooray for Del!

Bob put a 2nd blog today, with some answers.
If you were amazed like I was, this 2nd blog really sinks it in.

Blogs.NHRA.com - NHRA Driver Blogs

Kinda sad to see the CSK team come to an end. Had lots of fun cheering for them, experiencing the highs, and the lows. Thanx to Mr. Worsham, Del, all crew guys past and present and the sponsors for a great run!

Hope to see DaBoyce(cats) blogging!:D

Last edited:
I see Wilber is looking for work based on what I read over at Dragracingonline.

Well, I hope that's not accurate. I'd really miss Boofus and Buster (oh, him too).

All seriousness aside, Wilber's a gifted writer. There will be life after CSK - Might even be a better life.

I think I saw the nostalgia FC for sale with the entire operation in National Dragster. I think Chuck is packing up and calling it the day. Good for him if that is what he chooses to do. I see Wilber is looking for work based on what I read over at Dragracingonline.

The stuff for sale is 2 nostalgia rollers made from chassis that don't pass nhra tech anymore with new bodies. The trailer is from the 2nd car, as are the assorted other parts and stuff that would have been from the "Blue" car.

It's all explained in an old blog.

Maybe AJ will hire Bob Wilber... I think it would make sense... Awesome deal for Del and AJ for sure. No training necessary.

How can anyone not be happy with Lil Del's opportunity.
especially when AJ indicates funny Car is his big challenge.

Just made a CSK purchase yesterday-coulda got the same at several others, but went there because of the Worsham sponsorship. Will have to look at some other parts companies in the future, I guess.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back